Mark Warner - Shocking customer service!!

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Praise, Vent & Warnings
22 replies 6.7K views
shibumishibumi Forumite
189 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Praise, Vent & Warnings
To cut a long story short we have been loyal customers of Mark Warner Hols over the years. This Jan we had a the holiday from hell experience with them.. delayed flights, no hot water or air con, childcare safety issues, food poisoning to name a few. Certainly not the 5 star experience portrayed in the brochure. Well I put pen to paper and complained. Despite agreeing that all the problems we had were true they were dismissive. Not happy with the result I have involved a solicitor who immediately took the case on as 'no win-no fee' feeling confident we had grounds for some compensation. Mark Warner are now playing games with us forcing us to take the case to court. I am totally disgusted with this company and its antics. Please beware, make sure you read TripAdvisor and remember if you have cause for complaint you will probably not get anywhere.

Replies

• LemonGroveLemonGrove Forumite
    618 Posts
    Are these anything to do with Warner Leisure hotels do you know?
    Male. :o
  • shibumishibumi Forumite
    189 Posts
    LemonGrove wrote: »
    Are these anything to do with Warner Leisure hotels do you know?
    No I don't think so . Mark Warner provide family activity holidays abroad.
  • Samba_Pa_TiSamba_Pa_Ti Forumite
    289 Posts
    if its no win no fee, do you feel worried about going to court ?

i know its stressful but id just go with the flow, been through countless experiences like this and in the end it always sorts itself out, although i get stressed at the smallest of problems =/
  • V.LuckyV.Lucky Forumite
    806 Posts
    Maybe they are just hoping you won't see it through and will make you an offer right at the last minute if you stick to your guns.
    :hello:
    189 Posts
    if its no win no fee, do you feel worried about going to court ?

i know its stressful but id just go with the flow, been through countless experiences like this and in the end it always sorts itself out, although i get stressed at the smallest of problems =/

Yes its the time and effort as well as stress.
    I now feel so angry particularly as they took no notice of my concerns for the childcare safety issues, local workmen working amongst the kids leaving sharp tools and stanley knifes in the play areas... none of these guys police checked either.

I will fight them to the end just so disappointed and angry at their attitude.

Just thought I would warn anyone before they book.
  • DVardysShadowDVardysShadow
    18.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    shibumi wrote: »
    Yes its the time and effort as well as stress.
    I now feel so angry particularly as they took no notice of my concerns for the childcare safety issues, local workmen working amongst the kids leaving sharp tools and stanley knifes in the play areas... none of these guys police checked either.

I will fight them to the end just so disappointed and angry at their attitude.

Just thought I would warn anyone before they book.
    I don't think that people who happen to be near children should be police checked, only those who actually interact with children. Your way leads to the controversy with the authors who [quite rightly IMO] will no longer go into schools because of the CRB checks. In your case, the control measure for the risk should be proper supervision of the children, not CRB'ing anyone and everyone. Ohterwise, you'll end up needing a CRB to buy an icecream. Wait, this is Barmy Britain we are talking about...
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
    189 Posts
    Point taken.. however Mark Warner had no control over when the workmen came in and worked among the children. The nannies could not possibly keep tabs on every single child all the time. Besides unattended stanley knives and children are a recipe for disaster.
  • DVardysShadowDVardysShadow
    18.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree about the Stanley knives - I think this is by far the significant risk to the children
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • HallowayHalloway Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    I don't think that people who happen to be near children should be police checked, only those who actually interact with children. Your way leads to the controversy with the authors who [quite rightly IMO] will no longer go into schools because of the CRB checks. In your case, the control measure for the risk should be proper supervision of the children, not CRB'ing anyone and everyone. Ohterwise, you'll end up needing a CRB to buy an icecream. Wait, this is Barmy Britain we are talking about...

Yeah right, I mean, trying to prevent little kids getting raped and molested, that's just totally barmy.
  • HallowayHalloway Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    shibumi wrote: »
    Not happy with the result I have involved a solicitor who immediately took the case on as 'no win-no fee' feeling confident we had grounds for some compensation. Mark Warner are now playing games with us forcing us to take the case to court.

You get a solicitor involved and then complain that the defendant wants to go to court? Irrespective of what actually happened on your holiday Mark Warner clearly think they have a better case than you. Or did you think that you could bully MW by employing a solicitor? It looks like they have called you on this one.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Best student bank accounts 2021/22

Incl. free 0% overdrafts and railcards

MSE Guide

Next 50% off sale rumour

Here's what we've found...

MSE Deals