Setanta Sports Ireland in N.Ireland

in N. Ireland
21 replies 4.3K views
Does anyone subscribe to this in Northern Ireland on satellite?

If so how much does it cost? Are there any special offers?

Replies

• CLCL Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Setanta sports have ceased trading as far as I know
  • PretaniPretani Forumite
    2.3K Posts
    It was crap even when it was broadcasting, better off paying a little extra for sky sports.
  • BannsiderBannsider Forumite
    41 Posts
    CL wrote: »
    Setanta sports have ceased trading as far as I know

Setanta Ireland haven't - they are a separate organisation.
    2.3K Posts
    Is Setanta Ireland only for Gaelic games like hurling and gaelic?
    2.3K Posts
    found this if it helps. It seems as if Setanta Ireland is only available in the Republic, not N.Ireland.

15 July 2009

"Setanta Sports has announced that it has won the rights to broadcast 33 English premiership games in the Republic of Ireland next season.

Setanta UK was forced into administration last month after it failed to meet payments to the English and Scottish premier leagues.

The closure of Setanta UK meant the loss of 200 jobs but Setanta Sports Ireland has continued to broadcast in the Republic where it employs 180 people."
  • seatzieseatzie Forumite
    762 Posts
    espn has taken over Setanta UK's premiership games and will be showing other sports as well, Sky subscribers as usual will have to fork out cash, Virgin XL subscribers will get it free..........rip off when sky are providing all the footage, production etc and espn are sticking their logo on it............
    Norn Iron Club Member #64

Wikkity Wikkity Wikkity Lets go racing!
    2.3K Posts
    seatzie wrote: »
    espn has taken over Setanta UK's premiership games and will be showing other sports as well, Sky subscribers as usual will have to fork out cash, Virgin XL subscribers will get it free..........rip off when sky are providing all the footage, production etc and espn are sticking their logo on it............

I was with Setanta UK for a period last year and alot of the times I didn't even get games, some of them cut out half-way through. Their customer service was awfull and I switched to sky this year. Even though I pay more, at least I get a decent service.

Hope the customers of Setanta Ireland in the republic get a better service I did in N.Ireland. Setants UK was a joke.
  • ArtofdookieArtofdookie Forumite
    4.6K Posts
    Pretani wrote: »
    found this if it helps. It seems as if Setanta Ireland is only available in the Republic, not N.Ireland.

15 July 2009

"Setanta Sports has announced that it has won the rights to broadcast 33 English premiership games in the Republic of Ireland next season.

Setanta UK was forced into administration last month after it failed to meet payments to the English and Scottish premier leagues.

The closure of Setanta UK meant the loss of 200 jobs but Setanta Sports Ireland has continued to broadcast in the Republic where it employs 180 people."
    I get Setanta Ireland, theres not much on it tbh. Its due to be cancelled at the start of the month
    Well I Love Tv And I Love T. Rex, I Can See Through Your Skirt I've Got X-Ray Spex
    2.3K Posts
    I get Setanta Ireland, theres not much on it tbh. Its due to be cancelled at the start of the month

Is that definitive, ROI only?
  • wifeforlifewifeforlife Forumite
    2.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Setanta Ireland is available in Northern Ireland, I think when I originally signed up it was about £21 a month

I only got it for the gaelic matches and to be honest it'll be cancelled now as any gaelic matches now worth watching will be free on RTE, TV3 or TnaG

HTH
    Cate
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides