Our missing cat has just appeared in the garden....

in Pets & Pet Care
37 replies 1.9K views
124»

Replies

• FranFran Forumite
    11.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jay-Jay wrote:
    She obviously been very well cared for in the past as she's so calm and laid back (I'm practically sat on her at the moment!).
    But not now?! :rotfl: (Only joking.)
    Torgwen.......... :) ...........
  • black-saturnblack-saturn
    13.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, thats amazing! I think you should contact your local newspaper and/or TV channel. They love stories like this.
    2008 Comping Challenge
    Won so far - £3010 Needed - £230
    Debt free since Oct 2004
  • Jay-Jay_4Jay-Jay_4 Forumite
    7.4K Posts
    Fran wrote:
    But not now?! :rotfl: (Only joking.)

She likes it...... It makes her feel wanted! :D

....and if she doesn't want to get sat on she could always move :rolleyes: but oh no!.... she's FAR to comfy to actually get up! :rolleyes:
    Just run, run and keep on running!

• skintchickskintchick Forumite
    15.1K Posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah! What a lovely thread!

Some of my neighbours think I starve my cat. She likes to sit ont eh doorstep at the front, and wait for me to come home. She's also very friendly and runs up to people miaowing.

so someone keeps leaving chicken in the little cleaned out Sheba tin on my doorstep! But Kizzy only eats biscuits and tuna SHE HAS SEEN OPENED.

So the chicken stays there.

You'd think they'd give up. And i also think it's a cheek to imply she sin;t looked after when she has a cat flap, food an water down 24 hours and the most spoiled life ever.

No-on could ever steal her from me cos she loooooves me loads. :D
    :cool: DFW Nerd Club member 023...DFD 9.2.2007 :cool:
    :heartpuls married 21 6 08 :A Angel babies' birth dates 3.10.08 * 4.3.11 * 11.11.11 * 17.3.12 * 2.7.12 :heart2: My live baby's birth date 22 7 09 :heart2: I'm due another baby at the end of July 2014! :j
  • listerlister Forumite
    239 Posts
    ✭✭
    there have been rumours in the neighbourhood for some time that the real owners may be planning to move away from the area, and my housemate reckons that if they ever do, he'll go over and ask if they might let him keep the cats!

If I had a pound for every call I have been out to where cats were left behind when people moved... Sounds like they are better off with you.

Unfortunately there are still a lot of people who think that cats need feeding once a day, shouldn't be neutered and want to be locked outside overnight. They also might wonder why they seem to lose so many cats, but they don't seem to.

If your neighbours do move without taking the cats and don't say you can have them, then there is a trick to making their adoption semi-official if you wanted to. Ring them in as strays to either CP or a local RSPCA branch (not the national RSPCA as they are about as much use as a chocolate kettle), but say you are happy to keep them if noone comes forward (which you know they won't). We love people who want to keep the strays they report because we don't then have to try and find foster space to bring them in.
  • listerlister Forumite
    239 Posts
    ✭✭
    skintchick wrote:
    so someone keeps leaving chicken in the little cleaned out Sheba tin on my doorstep! But Kizzy only eats biscuits and tuna SHE HAS SEEN OPENED.

People like that bug me even though they mean well. They have no idea if the cat is on special food (many older cats are), and could cause serious harm in some cases if they have kidney or urinary tract problems. I would never advise feeding a potential stray unless it is seriously malnourished (in which case it may well have thyroid problems anyway) - I always ask people to just put water down.

Unfortunately we have become accustomed to overweight cats these days (as most domestic cats are a little bit on the podgy side - too much food and not enough exercise - just like us...). Most people would regard a cat of ideal weight as undernourished, but it is perfectly normal to feel clearly defined ribs and vertebrae in the back in a healthy cat.
  • skintchickskintchick Forumite
    15.1K Posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, Kizzy is very little and thin, and she also self harms by licking her fur off so can look a bit mangy at times, but is loved and cared for very well.

I think they must think she is underfed but she eats what she wants and is healthy.
    :cool: DFW Nerd Club member 023...DFD 9.2.2007 :cool:
    :heartpuls married 21 6 08 :A Angel babies' birth dates 3.10.08 * 4.3.11 * 11.11.11 * 17.3.12 * 2.7.12 :heart2: My live baby's birth date 22 7 09 :heart2: I'm due another baby at the end of July 2014! :j
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

NS&I to change Premium Bond prize rate

It will rise to 1.40% from June

MSE News

Compers of the MSE Forum:

Show us the prizes you've won recently

Join the MSE Forum discussion