Microwave heat pad thing

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in I wanna buy-it or do-it
12 replies 713 views
holstarholstar Forumite
826 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in I wanna buy-it or do-it
Hey

Am after one of them gel heat pad things you put in the microwave to heat up, used to relieve back pain etc....any ideas where from?

Thanks
Hol x
One thing...that sets pulses racing...that gets hearts pounding...for which there is no substitute...only YOU can provide...blood.

Only 5% of the eligible population give blood: do something amazing today, save a life, give blood

Replies

• junojuno Forumite
    6.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's been previous threads with advice on how to make your own
    Murphy's No More Pies Club #209

Total debt [STRIKE]£4578.27[/STRIKE] £0.00 :j
    100% paid off :j

• My gran makes her own and we get them for christmas they are brilliant. All she does is buys some oats from the supermarket and makes a bag out of old material with an inner bag incase it splits. you could add some lavender for a nice sleepy smell, but i like the oat smell. Just bung it in the microwave for a minute and voila a snuggly warm bag!

• ekipsekips Forumite
    3 Posts
    I've seen these in a shop called INstore in heanor (dont know if there is one near you) for £2.99, lavender ones too
  • Edinburghlass_2Edinburghlass_2 Forumite
    32.7K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got one in Savers which was pretty reasonable but can't remember how much though it was less than a fiver :)
  • ariba10ariba10 Forumite
    5.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lidl had them about a month ago.

It might be worth a visit to see if they have any left.
    I used to be indecisive but now I am not sure.
  • LilacLillieLilacLillie Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got one of each, a hot and cold one in Poundland last week.
    LL
    We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars........................

• consultant31consultant31 Forumite
    4.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    My gran makes her own and we get them for christmas they are brilliant. All she does is buys some oats from the supermarket and makes a bag out of old material with an inner bag incase it splits. you could add some lavender for a nice sleepy smell, but i like the oat smell. Just bung it in the microwave for a minute and voila a snuggly warm bag!

Are we talking porrige oats here, as in Quaker??
    I love porrige, but would never have thought about using it for a filling!
    I let my mind wander and it never came back!
  • i assume they are porridge oats, im not sure????????? are there other types of oats???

Just make sure you dont buy popcorn by mistake lol, that could be a disaster!

• Hi,

I make these and sell on ebay/craft stalls.

They're made just like trolley dolly described but I use wheat not oats if that is any help, you can usually buy from the health food shops.

You can also make them up to put underneath casserole dishes etc on your table to keep it warm.
  • BeclesBecles Forumite
    13.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got a plug in heat pad. It's like a little electric blanket about the size of a small hand towel. That works brilliant for back pain, as you can lay it flat against the chair back or on your bed/sofa, and lay against it for pain relief. I also tuck it down the front of my trousers to ease period pains :o

It's well worth the money, and it doesn't cool down like tradtional hot water bottles or the microwave things.
    Here I go again on my own....
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Covid test firms form self-regulating body

A bid to tackle poor service concerns

MSE News

Cheap home insurance

Grab 100+ quotes & cashback

MSE Guides