One million Norwich Union policyholders to share £1.4 billion

in Savings & investments
50 replies 9.3K views
This thread is to discuss the following news story:

Replies

• clairbear_3clairbear_3 Forumite
    198 Posts
    Ive read that 99% are expected to take cash.But would think that anyone whos policy matures in 10 years+(such as me)has a good chance of benefitting greater than measley £200 on offer
  • just received my pack have been paying for 21 years and they offer us £300 !!!!! is it worth it ???? the endownment wont pay off the mortgage as it is. Do we take it or not ??????????? anybody taking the offer ?????
  • clairbear_3clairbear_3 Forumite
    198 Posts
    looking at their illustrations anyone whose policy matures in next few years are advised to take cash
    dont know what allthe fuss has been over such a pittance:confused:
  • Geoffo_MGeoffo_M Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    This has always confused me. Is this in addition or instead of the 3 yearly payments that were to be paid on your balance at Jan 2008, 2009 and 2010?
  • azureblue_2azureblue_2 Forumite
    308 Posts
    Geoffo_M wrote: »
    This has always confused me. Is this in addition or instead of the 3 yearly payments that were to be paid on your balance at Jan 2008, 2009 and 2010?

It's in addition.

Lucky us! ;)
    :hello:
  • thats lucky we will see what we get in the end up lets hope it gives a bit of spending money for me hols :T better get me form filled in and sent off so that i can get me money!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • bagbybagby Forumite
    828 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    we have an endowment policy with them - will we be eligible - we havent received any paperwork about this?
  • BaldurBaldur Forumite
    6.6K Posts
    bagby wrote: »
    we have an endowment policy with them - will we be eligible - we havent received any paperwork about this?
    If you are eligible, you should have already received massive amounts of paper over the last couple of years regarding this from both Aviva/Norwich Union/Commercial Union and the Policyholder Advocate, if not the latest offer documents.
  • brewerdavebrewerdave Forumite
    7.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    bagby-There was/is a checker on the NU site to see whether you were eligible for a payout - think you had to input policy no.
    Unfortunately I wasn't !
  • lisa76lisa76 Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I haven't received my pack yet, but i await it eagerly. I'm not expecting any more than the minimum, but anything helps. I just want to know when I can cash it in, because I think it'd be better off in an ISA!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Fans demand refunds from Leeds Festival

...after Rage Against The Machine pulls out

MSE News

The 'Ask An Expert' event

Check out last week's energy-themed Q&A with MSE's experts

MSE Forum

Free museums & galleries

Where to get your culture fix across the UK

MSE Deals