Forum Home» Discount Codes 'n Vouchers

Updated Printable Money off Coupons & Policies Thread 6 (and chat) - Page 9

New Post Advanced Search
We are currently experiencing a high volume of spam and have increased the sensitivity of our spam filters. This could mean that genuine posts may get caught. If you believe this has happened to one of your posts, please email the Forum team on [email protected] As always, we are really grateful for your patience whilst we get this sorted - which we'll do as soon as possible.
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Updated Printable Money off Coupons & Policies Thread 6 (and chat)

edited 27 June 2009 at 6:04PM in Discount Codes 'n Vouchers
3K replies 231.1K views

Replies

• veggiecarveggiecar Forumite
    2.1K posts
    any2002uk wrote: »
    what is trout?

Is there any chance of adding this question to the first page since it seems to be getting answered everyday at the moment, and folk don't seem to be able to read back a few pages.

It also seems a complete waste of time explaining how to use the search function:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad:
    It's nice to be nice .....:beer:
    You HAVE checked google before asking, haven't you?;)
    If you use the "search this thread" button at the top of the page, you may find it's been answered already!;)
  • Coupon_TillyCoupon_Tilly Forumite
    140 posts
    what is trout? is it other word for old or rude person?
    Hi There,

A Trout is an edible fish of the salmon family, chiefly inhabiting fresh waters(Concise Oxford Dictionary):D
    Also "Old trout" an annoying or bad-tempered old person!

Money Saving Expert Trout - New Mr T's recritment policy:

Over 50

Miserable facial expressions

Bad attitude

lack of facial muscles that are used to smile

must be able to frown for at least 3-4 hours per shift

must be able to sniff out couponers from 50 metres

must be able to embarrass customers using coupons easily

must smile after throwing five coupons back at customer after informing them that they can't take them.

must always have at least five different versions of the coupon ploicy!:T:T

Hope this is of great help to all the new couponers!!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Experience is a wonderful thing!!

Coupon tilly xxxx
  • Coupon_TillyCoupon_Tilly Forumite
    140 posts
    Someone should warn MM what could happen if he stands her up :eek::eek:
    (Bear in mind he can't drive, where will the nails go?:eek::eek:)

Hi Coupon Princess,

I could never hurt our wonderful "MAD" and I think he would like a strong woman that doesn't take any grief off anyone!!!:D:D:D

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Coupon Tilly xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • tescoisacetescoisace Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    209 posts
    mad.............hide the bunnies!!!:D:D:D:D:D
    keep up the boycott folks......every little helps.
  • jefereyjeferey Forumite
    4.3K posts
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Hi There,
    A Trout is an edible fish of the salmon family, chiefly inhabiting fresh waters(Concise Oxford Dictionary):D
    Also "Old trout" an annoying or bad-tempered old person!
    Money Saving Expert Trout - New Mr T's recritment policy:
    Over 50
    Miserable facial expressions
    Bad attitude
    lack of facial muscles that are used to smile
    must be able to frown for at least 3-4 hours per shift
    must be able to sniff out couponers from 50 metres
    must be able to embarrass customers using coupons easily
    must smile after throwing five coupons back at customer after informing them that they can't take them.
    must always have at least five different versions of the coupon ploicy!:T:T
    Hope this is of great help to all the new couponers!!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Experience is a wonderful thing!!
    Coupon tilly xxxx
    Also watch out for the young trout :rotfl:
    According to Wiki Answers:
    The term "fingerling" or "juvenile" can be applied to young fish. Fry is a term that applies to an earlier stage of development when the fish has just absorbed its yolk sack and become free swimming. Fingerling is the general term for a fish in the stage when it is a little bigger than this but still small.
    I have experienced the fingerling or fry experience recently :eek: and the young trout looks nice, no bad expressions or attitude but quite happy to hand you coupons back saying "I can't take these right know - you can always bring them next time...." :mad:
    If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try - oh bu99er that just cheat :D
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • bullshotbullshot Forumite
    4K posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭✭
    what is trout? is it other word for old or rude person?
    It's what bully is going back to trying to catch 'cos the carp are avoiding me...OH had 4 and lost 3...me absolutely nowt again...and I've got all this great new gear...sorry for that rant , you must think me barmy...

TROUT is the expression used by people on here for cashiers of a certain age , usually female,that are miserable for the sake of being miserable, unhappy in their work,jealous of people with mocs and do their level best to prevent anyone using coupons...try your very best to avoid them at the checkouts......
  • moyillamoyilla Forumite
    1.8K posts
    Evening guys,

Thank you for this new thread and all the hard work you guys put in, it's wonderful!!
    Well I am coming into my 2nd week of this and I am heading out tomorrow to try again at Tesco :)
    I asked this question in the previous thread about the Garden Centres but think it got lost, so sorry to repeat it, but which Garden Centre's are you visiting, are they National or local ones?

Just to say to any newbies, I spent 2 evenings reading the previous thread from start to finish and the Q&A's before I even posted on here.

Thanksguys for all your hard work x
  • edited 6 June 2009 at 10:14PM
    BLUEWKDBLUEWKD Forumite
    6.8K posts
    edited 6 June 2009 at 10:14PM
    Evening everyone, just like to say thank you to you all for thanking Honey:T:A:beer: 65, 68 and 62 thanks in just one day:D.
    3rd week of trying to get up for car boot, lets hope 3rd time lucky tomorrow:rolleyes:
    Where is mad:confused: Has one of you madnapped him:rotfl:

I bet he's playing with his new pals on the newspaper thread, your doing a great job but don't desert us mad!!
    Be thankful for what you have because it could all be taken away tomorrow.;)

• BLUEWKD wrote: »
    Evening everyone, just like to say thank you to you all for thanking Honey:T:A:beer: 65, 68 and 62 thanks in just one day:D.
    3rd week of trying to get up for car boot, lets hope 3rd time lucky tomorrow:rolleyes:
    Where is mad:confused: Has one of you madnapped him:rotfl:

I bet he's playing with his new pals on the newspaper thread, your doing a great job but don't desert us mad!!

BLUEWKD;)

:D:D:D He is here with me, I am hiding him in the wardrobe, feeding him oysters and watering him with beer!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Yeah right! I will let you know when I have finshed dreaming too!:D:D

I hope I haven't got anymore competition "MAD" you won't like me when I am angry!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

My partziemers is kicking in again, where the hell have I put my little bunnies!:D:D:D

:eek::eek:
  • madmuppet5madmuppet5 Forumite
    5.6K posts

Mad always stands up for Tilly ;)
    AKA; Mad, MM, MM5, Madicles :cool: ©
    Shin: Device for finding furniture in the dark :p©
    Elite 11+ fundraising total for Make-a-Wish £682 :j:A
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support