What Snack/small meal are you into at the moment?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
58 replies 3.7K views

Replies

• shellyshelly Forumite
    6.4K Posts
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crackers and cheese is a fav for me too at the moment. Also brown bread with cheese spread. I usually only have white bread but for cheese spread brown is best.
  • shellyshelly Forumite
    6.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I_luv_cats wrote: »
    Ainsley Harriott does Couscous that you mix with hot water, there are a few flavours. I find it tasty and buy when on bogof.

product7.jpg

What do you eat alongside couscous? I haven't really taken notice of it as I have no idea what to do with it.
    I guess chicken? Would you have vegetables too.....but not gravy with it though? :D
  • pitta bread and hummous is good. Toast the pitta first so it is warm and a bit crispy - yummy!
    Getting ready to buy our home - £20,000 saved :)
  • AnyAny Forumite
    7.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I bought at Mr S (I think) toastie bags. They are like pockets made out of brown material (looks like baking foil) and you put sandwich in it and stick it in a toaster and have a toastie!
    So that is O.K. to have a change sometimes.

When I have green leaves at home I make a salad and on the top put prawns in marie rose sauce (89p from Tesco) with a slice of bread or Ryvita.
    Or I put that on jacket potato.

Crumpets with spread and a little bit of grated parmazan cheese (looovely). Or when we are out of parmazan even crumpet with laughing cow cheese spread will do.
  • shellyshelly Forumite
    6.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any wrote: »
    I bought at Mr S (I think) toastie bags. They are like pockets made out of brown material (looks like baking foil) and you put sandwich in it and stick it in a toaster and have a toastie!
    So that is O.K. to have a change sometimes.

Those toastie bags are great for a quick cheese toastie. I got a pack of 2 from Poundland.
  • I like Sammy's Cous Cous.. Empty into mug, Add boiling water, Stir. Eat.
    Easy
    And at the moment they are 3 for a pound in ASDA.

But when in ASDA see if they have the Mug Shots for 4 for a pound.. These make excellent mug snacks as well...

Other good snacks of course are Fruit. Kids apples bags are usually a pound and contain 8 or 10 apples.
  • linnilinni Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Crunchy peanut butter on toast (home made brown bread). I just love it.
  • earthmotherearthmother Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭✭
    A bit more basic than most suggestions, but I tart up a tin of beans sometimes if I'm looking for some quick comfort food.

Some corned beef and Worcs sauce (even a few cold spuds if there are leftover) makes a very basic hash, or (and this is purely personal and sounds worse than it tastes) some grated cheese with a dollop of marmite can be nice too - serve up with some (good) bread and butter.
    DFW Nerd no. 884 - Proud to [strike]be dealing with[/strike] have dealt with my debts
  • SlappsSlapps Forumite
    654 Posts
    I'm well into banana sandwiches right now but for a change today i had dippy eggs and bread mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    1st son born 11/02/05 2nd son born 09/01/08
    thats all i'm adding to the human race so think yourselfs lucky lol
  • buxtonrabbitgreenbuxtonrabbitgreen Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    linni wrote: »
    Crunchy peanut butter on toast (home made brown bread). I just love it.

mmmm crunchy peanut butter. I like it sperad on home made bread but not toasted. It is terribly fattening I recently found out. I am trying to cut down.
    my name is rabbit and I am a peanut butterholic.
    Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination:beer:

Oscar Wilde
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Cuts announced to alcohol and air passenger duties

And the levy on fuel frozen for 12th year in a row

MSE News

Autumn Budget 2021: full round-up

From minimum wage increases to fuel duty freezes

MSE News