had blue badge , but still got a ticket

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
6 replies 2.3K views
francesgarrettfrancesgarrett Forumite
2 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
i'm disputing a ticket, but wonder if should i pay it? My dad has a blue badge and time card. my son took him shopping , and parked on the street in a disabled parking spot that had a time restriction. they arrived at 5pm but the time card wasnt set correctly. When they got back at 5.15 there was a ticket on the car. the ticket has the offense listed as 'not displaying a valid disability badge in a proper manner' ( there was one and it was displayed correctly) but there was a paper attached that gave details of the offense and that states the 'offense' is having an expired time card. on top of that the fine is £70 which is for a 'serous' offense. am i right that this isnt legal since the ticket is wrong?

Replies

• CrabmanCrabman Forumite, Board Guide
    9.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts I'm a Volunteer Board Guide Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've split this from the discussion thread, please take a look at the sticky threads for info on what to do next :)
    I'm a Board Guide on the Savings & Investments, ISAs & Tax-free Savings, Public Transport & Cycling, Motoring and Parking Fines, Tickets & Parking Boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board Guides are not moderators & don't read every post. If you spot a contentious or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com

• peter_the_piperpeter_the_piper Forumite
    30.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please scan and post up both sides of the ticket and any photo's of the lines and signs as they could easily give a way out. "How to" is in the stickies.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • angukanguk Forumite
    3.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Something similar happened to my OH, he displayed his blue badge and time card (with correct time) but as he got out of the car he knocked the timecard onto the drivers seat and didn't notice. When he came back to the car he'd got a ticket for not displaying the badge/timecard correctly.

I tried to dispute the ticket saying that the blue badge was displayed correctly and the timecard had the correct time but had fallen onto the seat (you could still see it clearly) but no joy. In the end I just paid the fine because I couldn't be bothered with all the hassle, it was alot less than £70 though.
    Dum Spiro Spero
  • CrabmanCrabman Forumite, Board Guide
    9.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts I'm a Volunteer Board Guide Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    anguk wrote: »
    Something similar happened to my OH, he displayed his blue badge and time card (with correct time) but as he got out of the car he knocked the timecard onto the drivers seat and didn't notice. When he came back to the car he'd got a ticket for not displaying the badge/timecard correctly.

I tried to dispute the ticket saying that the blue badge was displayed correctly and the timecard had the correct time but had fallen onto the seat (you could still see it clearly) but no joy. In the end I just paid the fine because I couldn't be bothered with all the hassle, it was alot less than £70 though.
    Which council was this?
    I'm a Board Guide on the Savings & Investments, ISAs & Tax-free Savings, Public Transport & Cycling, Motoring and Parking Fines, Tickets & Parking Boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board Guides are not moderators & don't read every post. If you spot a contentious or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com

• angukanguk Forumite
    3.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crabman wrote: »
    Which council was this?
    He got the ticket in Sunderland, I'm not sure if it was from the council or NCP, I'll have a hunt & see if I've still got the ticket.
    Dum Spiro Spero
  • peter_the_piperpeter_the_piper Forumite
    30.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP. The same question applies to you , which council, Neil and co wll be able to advise with the pics/scans.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Students - apply for uni funding NOW

If you plan to get a place via 'clearing'

MSE News

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides