IVA - Moving Abroad and Banking

in IVA & DRO
1 reply 785 views
Hi all

I am part way through an IVA. I have just been offered a job in the Far East and have a few concerns/ questions that I am hoping someone may be able to help me with.

Firstly, I will contact my Insolvency Practitioner to make sure that it is ok for me to move and work abroad.

The company I am moving to intend to pay me a local wage and an additional offshore amount. I am hoping that I will be able to get a local account.

However, for the offshore amount I will need an offshore account. This can be a UK account, however my present account is with the cooperative bank (cashminder account) and I think the t&c's state that I need to be a UK resident to hold the account. Does anyone know of a bank that will be likely to offer me an account as a non-UK resident?

I think I'll get a pre-paid credit card as well to offer more flexibility - there appear to be a couple that don't charge for foreign withdrawals, however I think you need to be a UK resident for them as well.

Also, does anyone know whether my IVA will cause difficulties in the VISA application process?

Thanks all.


This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Mini-budget 2022: what does it mean for you?

Tax cuts and Universal Credit changes

MSE News

Income tax calculator

Updated with November NI changes

MSE Tool