'What’s the hottest 2for1 restaurant deal?' poll discussion

edited 18 May 2009 at 11:38AM in Money Saving Polls
21 replies 13.4K views
edited 18 May 2009 at 11:38AM in Money Saving Polls
Poll between 11-18 May 2009:

What’s the hottest 2for1 restaurant deal?

The Restaurant Vouchers page has just had its 10 millionth view, in ten months. So we thought we’d try to find out which vouchers you rate most...

If you could only grab one 2for1 main meals voucher, which chain would you pick?

A. Ask - 5% (408 votes)
B. Bella Pasta - 3% (250 votes)
C. Cafe Rouge - 5% (397 votes)
D. GBK (Gourmet Burger Kitchen) - 3% (270 votes)
E. Giraffe - 1% (101 votes)
F. HA!HA! - 1% (67 votes)
G. La Tasca - 5% (432 votes)
H. Pizza Express - 23% (1853 votes)
I. Pizza Hut - 18% (1452 votes)
J. Prezzo - 4% (353 votes)
K. Slug & Lettuce - 2% (146 votes)
L. Strada - 4% (332 votes)
M. The Real Greek - 1% (43 votes)
N. Tootsies & Dexters - 1% (77 votes)
O. Wagamama - 13% (1086 votes)
P. Yo! Sushi - 3% (271 votes)
Q. Zizzi - 6% (517 votes)

Voting has now closed, but you can still click 'post reply' to discuss below. Thanks :)

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Replies

• Estimator1Estimator1 Forumite
    21 Posts
    As I don't live at the centre of the universe (or so they think London is)....there were only 2 choices for me. So I think it was a fairly discriminatory question, ruling out all those non-city dwellers!!
  • MSE_MartinMSE_Martin MoneySaving Expert
    8.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Estimator1 wrote: »
    As I don't live at the centre of the universe (or so they think London is)....there were only 2 choices for me. So I think it was a fairly discriminatory question, ruling out all those non-city dwellers!!

Actually we try and do thorough checks about the coverage of the restaurants when we consider how prominent coverage we get.

While we're aware a couple of chains have a stronger London/SE presence, most are UK wide. If you could give more info - which are the key chains - are you in a city, town, village, countryside id be very interested

Martin

(Born in Manchester, brought up in the middle of a forest, so very aware London isn't the only town)
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
    Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
    Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • edited 13 May 2009 at 10:19AM
    ThinkingOfLinkingThinkingOfLinking Forumite
    11.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 13 May 2009 at 10:19AM
    The images I get of being brought up in a forest....like Mowgli or something...*chuckles*

PS my choice is Yo Sushi. I loved Giraffe when I lived in London though. La Tasca is joint favourite though because I go there a lot; I got won over by being a mystery shopper for them. :)
  • I recently used the Pizza Express voucher and my friend was amazed that we could save over £8.00 just by printing out a voucher.

Food was lovely too:j
    :j [COLOR=Magenta]Pennies Pot £121 saving for Alton Towers Hotel/Center Parcs[/COLOR]
  • lilian1977lilian1977 Forumite
    5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    La Tasca for me, you can spend as little or as much as you like depending on how hungry/rich you are feeling! x

My debt free diary
    [/SIZE][/FONT]
  • Prezzo. The place is delicious and reasonable at the best of times, so extra cheap with the 2 for 1s! And they have so much good food that there's always a choice for something different. Yum!:beer:
  • I really enjoy going for lunch with a friend at Pizza Express, especially as almost everyone there are using the discount vouchers! My son's favourite restaurant is Zizzi and we saved a lot of money on his birthday. Now I rarely go to any of the bigger chain restaurants unless there is a deal available...
  • Coveredinbees!!!!Coveredinbees!!!! Forumite
    3.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cafe Rouge, thanks. Last time I went to Pizza express in Milton Keynes I was disappointed, the food was Mediocre and the place seem to be staffed by foreign students who didn't care much and spoke poor English.
    Is it summer yet?
  • How on earth did Pizza Cheap Trashy Junk Hut beat Wagamamas? :confused:
  • SharroSharro Forumite
    1 Post
    I think its cause they are listed in alphabetical order..
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Tesco Clubcard rule tweaks

Be careful when converting points to Cineworld

MSE News

£148 of Ciaté nail polish for £35

Via its Advent calendar (norm £59 delivered)

MSE Deals