Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

April 2009 Grocery Challenge - Page 45

New Post Advanced Search

April 2009 Grocery Challenge

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
710 replies 47.9K views

Replies

• Hi, All .Starting to notice now the kids appear to be eating quite healthily and well, hubby comes in from work, looks at his tea and turns his nose up. Anything involving pasta, rice or pots he doesn't eat. I blame his parents for feeding him egg and chips:rotfl:.
    Moonflower(great name). I think it tastes ok I have ordered Banrock Station 3 litre red wine reduced from £16-99 to £13-99. Then again maybe because I have a lot to put up with. DS3 calling from the bath, as he piddled bed las night. Oh happy days!:D
    Grocery challenge june £300/ £211-50.
    Grocery challenge july £300/£134-85.
  • mooominmooomin Forumite
    13.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another £3 for me.

Went to treat myself to egg on toast this morning and there was no bread. Only just enough milk for cereal. Why does no-one tell me these things?! :rotfl:
  • Coxy11Coxy11 Forumite
    2.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mornin'

Just on to update siggy and catch up on postings I've missed. Officially over this month BUT do have several meals in the freezer which will feature first week of my May GC so it'll work itself out.

Kids at their grandparents today as I was meant to be working (now cancelled due to the weather). So I have a day to myself which will involve trying to clear the ironing pile which is nearly as tall as me!! Isn't it great when DH is slamming about at 7.30am because he doesn't have a shirt ironed - like I look in his wardrobe. It's like having another child.....:rolleyes:

Have a great day everyone.
    Coxy

April GC - £400/£412.41 :eek:
    Cross-stitch WIP: A Pair Tree by Susan Hillis Designs
    Crochet WIP: Dune blanket from Attic24
  • BigMummaFBigMummaF Forumite
    4.3K posts
    kezlou wrote: »
    Thursday:- chicken and bacon pie + veg
    Yesterday i made about 30 cheese, mash and bacon pasties

Making some falafel burgers today, for tomorrow:-.......
    Hi Kezlou--& everyone else :hello: Sorry to chop, but could you do the recipes for the pie & pasties please? I always make my innerds too soggy or too dry, but as I'm trying to get us all on a healthy food kick perhaps we shouldn't have the pastry anyways :o
    I wish my lot would at least try to be moreadventurous food-wise cuz the burgers sound lovely. I made a snake & tiddly concoction the other night with carrot, parsnip, sprouts & potatoall in the same pot & one refused to even taste a bit off the spoon :mad: My one saving grace from that meal--which Pup & I thoroughly enjoyed btw--was the herby dumplings.
    6oz of plain flour sifted with a sprinkling of salt, dried mixed herbs & a swoosh of cold water....started to put little dollops in the 'stew' only to see the suet still sitting in the bowl of the scales :doh: I didn't have the time,inclination or flour to make more so left as is & they tasted fine :T so have I found a dieter's dream?
    As for GC, I'm attempting to keep spends to a minimum & read here all the time, so I am with you all in spirit if not physically declaring.
    Good Luck everyone.
    Full time Carer for Mum; harassed mother of three;
    loving & loved by two 4-legged babies.

• Just updating sig. Spent all my money for this month becuase of Easter etc, next year I must set aside a different budget for E eggs which have taken a £40 lump out of funds this month.
    i went to Asda this morning and got 3 Kingsmill white loaves at 10p each which was good value.My Freezer is full of PR bread, rolls and scones but not much else.
    I will have to buy more catfood though before next Friday when I get paid. He doesn't understand about money saving!
    Happy Easter
  • Hi all
    still only on £9 for milk so far this month hurrah - eating out of cupboards and freezer etc. .....so 9/50 for me hip hip hooray. (sorry am shocked and a bit chuffed)

Must get some apples, potatoes and bananas today or we all might get scurvy :) but might wait til tomorrow when DD and I can go together - although that MIGHT be expensive !!

danger zone tonight as fridays can usually be a takeaway but I have my normal usual sauce in the freezer with my emergency king prawns - so I might do a DIY one.

Hope you are all good.

This meal planning lark was really making me grumpy but now I quite like it.
    Total debt 26/4/18 <£1925 we were getting there. :beer:
    Total debt as of 28/4/19 £7867.38:eek:
    minus 112.06 = £7755.32:money:
    :money:Sleeves up folks.:money:
  • BoodleBoodle Forumite
    1.1K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Another week's shop has taken us up another £29.10. At least it is only one more weekly shop after this for April so shouldn't be too much overbudget in the end anyway ;) :rolleyes:
    Love and compassion to all x
  • nmlcnmlc Forumite
    3.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning all

Just to update the spends last shop of the month for me done today and now at a overspend of £24.75 - but I'm not too disappointed with that as this is the closest I've come to budget since starting the GC! We've still had take-aways and a couple of meals out. Haven't quite got as much stock in the freezer but will be able stock up from next week when start new GC month. Did a shop on mysupermarket to see where was cheapest for my shop, and MrA's are advertising Mens Adidas deodorant for £1.00 - I've been 2 weeks trying to get this - so today called at MrT's and just thought I'd look to see if they had any offers - hey presto! exactly the same deo on the same offer and the shelves were overflowing - so bought 2.
    Keep safe and well everyone and have a great weekend.
    nmlc
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • russetredrussetred Forumite
    1.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Updating my siggy and really trying to keep a tight rein on the budget so I can throw more at my holiday funds.I'm using up the reduced meatballs tonight in the SC with a tomato,basil and veg sauce and it is smelling quite promising.Went for my weekend shop today which is usually just breakfast stuff and beer.You really need to pay attention to those little labels stating price per dont you.Everyone was loading their trolleys with 18 lager at £12.48 when actually it was a better buy 2x 12 at £14.Its okay there are 3 beer drinkers in the house and the weather up here is dare I say it positively summery and set to stay for the weekend.:rotfl:
    DH has been planting like mad though he's cursing the parsley for not germinating,apparently you pour a kettle of boiling water over the pot to get them going! Enjoy your weekend.
    "Sometimes life sucks....but the alternative is unacceptable."
  • sistercassistercas Forumite
    4.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    just spent £19.81 in coop, I only went for bread :o
    ended up getting ritz crackers and cottage cheese ( just fancied it)
    cat food ( whiskers 24 pouches £5.50)
    got a huge cauli for 45p (whoopsied)
    4 lamb chump steaks £2.90 ( whoopsied)
    cheese ( for cauli :D)
    bread ( obviously)
    and some other stuff I cant even remember :o

off to update sig