New Post Advanced Search

UK Hols and Theatre

We’re struggling at the moment with the huge volumes of messages we’re getting from Forumites about coronavirus and the impact it’s having on their finances. We’re a small team and we’re doing our best to manage this spike in demand.

It’s an exceptionally tough time for the holiday, travel and events industry, and we are swamped with questions about your consumer rights around cancelled concerts, flights, hotels, theatre shows etc.

We’re a small team and we want to make sure Forumites are getting the answers they need accurately and quickly. So for the time being, we are hitting pause on this board and redirecting everyone to the MSE coronavirus guides that contain all the info we have – these guides are being constantly updated:
Coronavirus Help & Your Rights * Coronavirus Travel Rights

And of course, we have the Coronavirus Boards on the forum:
Coronavirus Support & Help * Coronavirus Travel Help & Info

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH
FOREIGN OFFICE TRAVEL ADVICE * FURLOUGH UPDATE * MORTGAGE LENDING

u2 tickets

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Theatre, Concert & Events Tickets
19 replies 1.8K views
2»

Replies

• NickygNickyg Forumite
    117 posts
    Got two £85 tickets behind the stage, but I hear it is going to be a 360 degree stage (hence the name of the tour!) so should still be a good view.
  • pinkpig08pinkpig08 Forumite
    2.8K posts
    I just got 2 £55 standing tickets - really pleased, DH said it was the one thing he wanted to do in his lifetime!
    Sealed Pot Challenge #817 £50 banked :)
  • sakingesakinge Forumite
    43 posts
    Hi

Am trying to book tickets, but when I fill in the billing information, I can't find an option for UK. What does the UK come under?

Thanks
  • JCLJCL Forumite
    574 posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Ticketmaster has been hellish - seems to be totally down.

However, managed to get Glasgow seats through this site and they're still available at the moment:
    http://www.ticketlink.co.uk/u2ham/Performances.aspx
    MFW 2015 #41 = £20,515/£20,515
    MFW 2014 #41 = £26,100/£25,000
    MFW 2013 #41 = £10,000/£10,000
    Original MF date = May 2036 - MF achieved on 15 June 2015
  • pinkpig08pinkpig08 Forumite
    2.8K posts
    I got mine from ticketmaster for Don Valley. Can I just ask, when standing, is it first in first to the front? I don't mind being further back, but I don't want to get squashed! Is there enough room for everyone?
    Sealed Pot Challenge #817 £50 banked :)
  • newlywednewlywed Forumite
    7.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    pinkpig08 wrote: »
    I got mine from ticketmaster for Don Valley. Can I just ask, when standing, is it first in first to the front? I don't mind being further back, but I don't want to get squashed! Is there enough room for everyone?

Haven't been to Don Valley but usually it's first in at the front (so the nutters - erm fans - queue for hours or even days!) and pick where you want to stand.

Being at the front though there are a few issues with if you need to wee then you'll lose your space so options are a bit interesting ;)

It's usually packed at the front and then from about half way back (especially towards the sides) there's usually loads of space - everyone presses to the front leaving loads behind ;)
    working on clearing the clutter
  • ThinkingOfLinkingThinkingOfLinking Forumite
    11.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, get some free samples of incontinence pads. My mate did this at Glasto the other year.
  • newlywednewlywed Forumite
    7.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, get some free samples of incontinence pads. My mate did this at Glasto the other year.

:rotfl:

I thought you got your mates to hold their jumpers round you in a circle whilst you attempt to pee in a plastic pint glass without knocking it over so it spills onto your boots:rotfl:
    working on clearing the clutter
  • ThinkingOfLinkingThinkingOfLinking Forumite
    11.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have done the peeing into things instead; i use an empty bottle and put the lid on.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support