Cheap Smell-alikes - Cheaper alternatives to Expensive Perfumes

edited 12 September 2013 at 11:55PM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
1.1K replies 736.7K views

Replies

• shellsuitshellsuit Forumite
    24.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Photogenic Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oooh I'll definitely have to try Marks n Sparks Perfection & Autograph New York ~ Chance & Allure are 2 of my fav scents!

Thanks for the heads up, ladies! :)
    Tank fly boss walk jam nitty gritty...
  • I ordered a few 3ml perfume oils from perfume parlour and got them today. Excellent service - they arrived within 2 days of me ordering! The oils are very well presented; in little glass bottles with screw-on tops and roller balls for dispensing the oil. They are also very clearly labelled.

I ordered the following:

Allure (Men) - Smells very similar to what I remember it smelling like (it's been a few years).
    CKBe - The worst of the bunch. Quite smiliar, not unpleasant, but not quite there.
    Joop Jump (Men) - Dead on.
    Diesel (Men) - Dead on.
    Brut (Men) - Dead on
    Cool Water (Men) - Dead on
    Anais Anais (Women) - My g/f said it isn't exactly the same but smells similar. Still a very nice fragrance.
    Chocolate Mint - Not designer but smells just like it describes. Will be very useful for an oil burner.

All in all I'm very pleased. For around £15 (can't remember the exact price) I've got some amazingly authentic fragrances. I've ordered a few more too. The 3ml bottles will last me ages as only a very, very small amount comes out when applied.

I put some of the Allure oil on a couple of hours ago and it's still smelling strongly. Lasts much longer on skin than I remember the original doing.

I cannot reccomend this website enough. Free delivery too. Excellent company!

:)
  • I received a few more oils today. I ordered the following:

-Joop
    -Joop Jump
    -CK Crave
    -Fahrenheit
    -Hugo Boss
    -Tommy Hilfiger
    -Aqua Elements (Boss)
    -Cool Water Deep
    -FCUK
    -Burberry Brit

All of them smell absolutely fantastic. I have the original Burberry Brit and Joop fragrances and the smell is identical. I used to have Tommy Hilfiger and Hugo Boss and the oils also smell identical to them. As far as I can tell, all of the other oils are virtually indistinguishable from the originals.

The oils arrived within 24 hours of the order being processed. Again, I'm amazed at the customer service.

I just cannot see why anyone would pay £20-£40 a pop for a designer fragrance when these can be had for so cheap.

I'm so glad I stumbled on this thread.
  • If anyone knows where I could buy a "smellalike" for Chanel Chance I would be very grateful :D

Thanks for all the top tips for other scents already, have passed them on :)
  • arlybarlyarlybarly Forumite
    985 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    I ordered 3 of these perfume oils as well on tuesday and they arrived today, i had the deep red, amariage and the angel one and they are excellent, put the angel one on my wrist at 12 today and its now 530 and i can still smell it.
  • Violetta_2Violetta_2 Forumite
    3.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    cake21 wrote: »
    If anyone knows where I could buy a "smellalike" for Chanel Chance I would be very grateful :D

Thanks for all the top tips for other scents already, have passed them on :)
    The Perfume parlour do a Chanel Chance might be worth trying.
    Booo!!!
  • cake21 wrote: »
    If anyone knows where I could buy a "smellalike" for Chanel Chance I would be very grateful :D

Have a good sniff of Marks & Spencer's Perfection. Its very like Chance but not as strong. Its a little like Coco Mademeselle too.
  • I'm not a big fan of the 'perfume counter' type perfumes. I don't care how much you pay for them, they always seem a bit unsubtle and there's a strong whack of 'chemical' when you first put them on. I loved a L'Occitane fragrance which is now discontinued. However I then discovered the fragrance sprays that Soap and Glory are doing in Boots. Utterly addictive and a fantastic price (especially on 3 for 2). And they don't asphyxiate everyone around you!
  • Violetta wrote: »
    The Perfume parlour do a Chanel Chance might be worth trying.
    Sausagecat wrote: »
    Have a good sniff of Marks & Spencer's Perfection. Its very like Chance but not as strong. Its a little like Coco Mademeselle too.

Thank you both very much! I will be checking out M&S as soon as I can :T
  • dianasnandianasnan Forumite
    584 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    The Perfume Parlour's Cashmere Mist type is virtually identical to the original and has lasted all day on me and still smells nice.