First time chaning suppliers question

New Post Advanced Search

First time chaning suppliers question

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Energy
2 replies 460 views
josieP_4josieP_4 Forumite
1 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Energy
I'm interested in changing supplier but I've never done it before and am unsure about a few things. I'm currently with EDF who have just whacked up my gas DD due to the fact they didn't bother to update our readings for ages which means we currently have an outstanding balance with them, if I change will this be taken on by the new supplier or will we have to 'settle up' when we change. Also Npower is comming up as our cheapest I was wondering what other peoples opinions of them is.

Replies

• cal97cal97 Forumite
    10 posts
    Dear Josie, don't know about Npower but you will definitely have to settle with the previous supplier. For us we got the final bill from the previous supplier about 6 weeks after the switch and it was big as it is winter and we usually pay by dd which evens out over the year. Everything seems to move quite slowly in the world of supplier switching. I started the process in late January and have just received the cashback this week. Hope this helps.
    Lightbulb moment: Jan 2006
    Total debt at worst: About £18000
    Debt 11 March 2006: 17735.46
    Current debt 24 March 2006: 17385.46
    Debt free date: December 07 or sooner if endowment compensation comes through.
  • I wouldn't touch npower with a bargepole they offer cheap rates to entice you in and (in my case) their prices went up by around 30% in 6 weeks

If it is gas you are looking to change I have found Equigas to be cheapest and am in the process to switch

If anyone has found cheaper could you let us know
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support