Air berlin

in N. Ireland
5 replies 810 views
JersyJersy Forumite
553 Posts
Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
✭✭
these ppl have started flyin out for the city airport..

just worth checkin out, supposed 2 b the 3rd major budget air line, but they provide u with meals etc

edit sorry forgot a link

https://www.airberlin.com/site/index.php%3fLANG=eng

Replies

• YBNBYBNB Forumite
    166 Posts
    Jersy wrote:
    these ppl have started flyin out for the city airport..

just worth checkin out, supposed 2 b the 3rd major budget air line, but they provide u with meals etc
    Definitely worth checking out.

I've used them a few times over the last month or so.

The look and feel of the planes, Stewards/esses and service level is MUCH closer to like it used to be on British Airways, rather than the ultra-cheap feel of Ryanair/Easyjet.

Not that much more expensive than the "big two" either, particularly if you book early.

Each of the flights I've been on has landed on time or slightly ahead of schedule, too. Can't fault them so far!
  • JersyJersy Forumite
    553 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    sorrry im a spanner. someone else has already posted this
  • RockmanRockman Forumite
    620 Posts
    ✭✭
    Anyone know what the baggage and hand baggage allowances are? I could not find details on the website.

Thanks
    Val :)
  • exel1966exel1966 Forumite
    5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rockman wrote:
    Anyone know what the baggage and hand baggage allowances are? I could not find details on the website.

Thanks

http://www.airberlin.com/site/index.php?LANG=eng

Carriage of baggage
    Hand baggage must not weigh more than 6 kg. The dimensions of hand baggage must not exceed the measurements of 55 cm x 40 cm x 20 cm. On account of space restrictions and security, only one item of hand baggage per passenger is permitted. The maximum free baggage allowance for checked baggage is 20 kg per passenger, unless otherwise agreed (e.g. by special provisions within the scope of customer loyalty schemes).

An additional charge is payable if the free baggage allowance is exceeded (compare clause 6). The person named as the customer on the booking and to whom the invoice has been issued and/or the passenger is responsible for paying the additional charge.

The baggage identification tag issued to the passenger acts as a record of the checked baggage as regards the weight and the number of items. Passengers are advised to attach a label with their name and address to checked baggage.

The Airline may refuse to accept baggage to be checked in if it is not packaged in such a way that its secure transportation can be ensured. Passengers share responsibility for ensuring that their checked baggage, as well as all items contained therein, will survive transportation without damage.

Passengers are required to collect their checked baggage as soon as it is issued by the Airline.
  • they also charge a fuel surcharge
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides