Stakeholder Pension safe option?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning
1 reply 642 views
matt_pimlicomatt_pimlico Forumite
22 Posts
I have been contributing to a stakeholder pension with Scottish Widows and put a lump sum away each April of approximately £2800 per annum. It will be the 3rd year of paying but I'm wondering whether I'm doing the right thing. I have been working for the NHS full time since July 2007 and I am being told it would be safer to make additional payments into the NHS pensions scheme. Would be interested in opinions on this board to say what I should do come this April.:confused:

Replies

• dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    107.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I am being told it would be safer to make additional payments into the NHS pensions scheme.

safer yes but not necessarily the best option but it could be. It depends on how and when you want to retire.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST NEWS AND GUIDES

Balance transfer credit cards

Shift existing card debt to 0% interest for up to 31 months

MSE Guides