Enniskillen For New Years Eve?

in N. Ireland
7 replies 2.9K views
I heard a worrying rumour amongst some of my friends that we may be going to Enniskillen for New Years Eve, is it any good, are there any places people would recommend.

Personally I have never rated the town as a place to go out to.

Replies

• Hi shaz77- I am originally from Enniskillen and have moved back to Belfast after having lived down in the back of beyond for 6 years (4 in Enniskillen)

I found in that time there wasnt anywhere we liked to go. We tried a few bars but if we wanted to go out, we went out with friends in Belfast. I found many places to be 'local'- but if you have some friends from the town, it should be ok (sounds like I'm making the town out to be something from american werewolf in london lol). There are places like Wetherspoons, but they attract a very 'robust' crowd (we were in it once and we had to move seats three times as fights were constantly breaking out)

Ah new years eve in Enniskillen, I have done a few and they arent for the faint-hearted!
    When I was a student, I decided to take my mum out for a treat . :eek: One of the more sophisticated men of the area asked me if was I wearing knickers on my head (I had a my hair tied back with a red crunchie!!) and kept pestering me throughout the night with his hil-arious observation!!

Another time I remember was when I was out with my friends for new years eve, and had to endure locals doing impersonations of us because they thought we were students (we werent- but to them, we were- and i wouldnt mind we were all from Fermanagh!)

I dont know what the town is like now, but it can be rough.

Ah what times, dont think the fermanagh tourist board would give me a job for that review:D
  • Hi shaz77- I am originally from Enniskillen and have moved back to Belfast after having lived down in the back of beyond for 6 years (4 in Enniskillen)

I found in that time there wasnt anywhere we liked to go. We tried a few bars but if we wanted to go out, we went out with friends in Belfast. I found many places to be 'local'- but if you have some friends from the town, it should be ok (sounds like I'm making the town out to be something from american werewolf in london lol). There are places like Wetherspoons, but they attract a very 'robust' crowd (we were in it once and we had to move seats three times as fights were constantly breaking out)

Ah new years eve in Enniskillen, I have done a few and they arent for the faint-hearted!
    When I was a student, I decided to take my mum out for a treat . :eek: One of the more sophisticated men of the area asked me if was I wearing knickers on my head (I had a my hair tied back with a red crunchie!!) and kept pestering me throughout the night with his hil-arious observation!!

Another time I remember was when I was out with my friends for new years eve, and had to endure locals doing impersonations of us because they thought we were students (we werent- but to them, we were- and i wouldnt mind we were all from Fermanagh!)

I dont know what the town is like now, but it can be rough.

Ah what times, dont think the fermanagh tourist board would give me a job for that review:D

Pretty much what I feared but thanks anyway.
  • dmxdavedmxdave Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Had a great New Year party in the Killyhevlin (OK a few years ago now) but it was really good.
    Dave
  • Abby21Abby21 Forumite
    63 Posts
    Im sorry but I have to make a stand for Ekn - yes Im from there but living up in Belfast.............and let me tell you nights out in Ekn beat Belfast hands down - the people are friendly and its not rough at all compared to Belfast!!!

If you did go down I hope u enjoyed it - we had a great night out in the local bars!!!
    Happy New Year!
  • Ended up going to Enniskillen, and I had a brilliant night, no fights, loads of drinks, great fun and I also met a beautiful lady, 10/10.
  • dmxdavedmxdave Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    shaz77 wrote: »
    Ended up going to Enniskillen, and I had a brilliant night, no fights, loads of drinks, great fun and I also met a beautiful lady, 10/10.

Good result :T thanks for the update
    Dave
  • so thats where the beautiful northern irish ladies are hiding....... :doh:
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST NEWS AND DEALS