Pooky wrote: »
1. Sealed pot - I don't tend to use cash much but I did get DH a sealed pot for xmas and we've dug out all the spare change/emptied purse/wallet and managed to put in just over £15......this WILL continue. Another £3 in yesterday - will stop counting now so it's more of a surprise when it's opened.
2. Empty 2 draws a week around the house and sort them properly. Ok so they weren't draws but storage boxes in the bathroom but they've been emptied, sorted, cleaned and condensed into 1.
3. Sort the filing cabinet and get shredding, using the oppertunity to sort/close any cards/accounts that have been missed.
4. Make an inventory of the bathroom cabinets and actually stop buying stuff until the rest is used. Done....I even tipped all the "hotel" freebies into one bottle so they will get used.
5. MS is a no-go for me as I don't have transport and live to far out, can't get my head around MB, daily clicks bore me to tears so need to focus on what I can do which is comping...aim to enter at least 10 a day. Only managed 5 yesterday.
6. Ebay/freecycle at least 10 items a month to clear clutter. Started a "freecycle" box - when it's full I'll list it all....currently about 30 kids books and a couple of board games.
7. Aim to shave £10 per week off the food budget. Have set my budget at £50 per week, have meal planned for the 39 days I need to include and only need to find main meal items for 4 days which is huge help, means I can stock up on store cupboard items and not go over budget.
pandapaws wrote: »
[strike] Package and post ebay parcel[/strike] Done
[strike]Cancel 2 lots of home insurance due to renew automatically today[/strike] Just in time!
[strike] Arrange insurance to replace both of the above[/strike] Both done through Topcashback with Asda separaetly, £68 cashback on each, on policies costing £80 and £118. Happy with that!
Ring Sky about commencement of phone service
[strike]Ring around builders merchants and order some bricks if available[/strike] Got bargain deal of £20 sqm, which is 50% less than original quote.
[STRIKE]Swop gas and electric to get Quidco[/STRIKE]For the first time ever I'm already on the cheapest tarriff so nothing to gain but an hour wasted on uswitch. :mad:
[strike]Fill in [/strike]and post HSA claim form (from October!) Done but forgot to take to the PO.
Get DH to ring Dixons to cancel that TV
Tidy as much house as possible
[strike] Update this thread for new joiners! [/strike]Doing it now
There’s a trick to extend them
We want to hear from you
This week's MSE Forum highlights