Forum Home» Shop but don't drop

The Great 'Wine Tart' Hunt - Page 8

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

The Great 'Wine Tart' Hunt

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Shop but don't drop
87 replies 60.3K views

Replies

• tee_pee_2tee_pee_2 Forumite
    1.7K posts
    ✭✭✭
    twarner wrote:
    Was available in Aldi. Baron St John or St Jean I think. Very pleasant though.

Terry

I think the rest of the MSE are conniseours!!
  • Virgin wines had a great one where you get a really smart corscrew free with you first order of a selection case, alternatively, I found this lot https://www.sharecase.com really competitive on a slightly nore upmarket range of wines, possibly for the more serious oenophile.
  • Just received a mailing offering three free bottles of Rioja when you order a case (12) of their selected wines. Mixed cases cost between £44.99 and £59.99 so you are getting the case of your choice plus three free. My choice of 12 rich reds at £49.99 plus 3 free makes bottles (and delivery £5.99) work out at £3.73 each. Seems like good value to me. You also get a free wine stopper for orders placed before 11th March. There doesn't appear to be any commitment to purchasing more. Check it out at https://www.sundaytimeswineclub.co.uk/riojaforfree.
    ;)
  • MrsTinksMrsTinks Forumite
    15.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the sunday times wine club is actually pretty good. I used to be with them (actually I cancel every time I move adn rejoin and get lots of nice free wine YUM!) Their bin ends are pretty good too and no if you join you can turn down any of your 4 annual deliveries or even cancel without penalty. I think I still have a couple of their bottles in the rack and they are 99% of the time good wines. And if you get a "bad bottle" ie corked etc just call them :) They've never asked for a bottle to be posted back as proof and they sent a replacement no quibble!

Also worth noting REFER EACH OTHER AND GET 3 FREE BOTTLES OF WINE :)
    A friend of mine was referred by me and we did it online but it was a little cumbersome so we called them too just to make sure they had got it etc and that they sent itto my work addy adn not home... I got my 3 bottle delivered to work and got home the same day to find another 3 bottles!!!! 6 bottles for free! BARGAIN!
    DFW Nerd #025
    DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey
  • shammyjackshammyjack
    2.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Netto's have some excellant budget reds at the moment in particular those from the new world at around £2.99 to £3.99 a bottle. the real star in my opinion is Spanish VINA ALBALI Crianza Tempranillo 2001 at £2.99 which is as full bodied as many more expensive wines , brilliant with lamb !

shammy
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • thelofttheloft Forumite
    1.7K posts
    If you have an ALDI store near you, check out their wine prices! Although they have some cheap stuff, they also have some top quality wines at fantastically low prices.
    But even if you haven't, keep in touch with ALL (well most) of the Wine Stores and Supermarket offers at this really good site:-

https://www.quaffersoffers.co.uk

I cannot recommend it highly enough and was first directed to it from MSE. There are also tasting notes and a forum where you can discuss wines, prices etc.
    "0844 COSTS YOU MORE"
  • DonalDonal Forumite
    44 posts
    First post here, great forum! That Quaffers Offers looks extremely handy too. I'm a regular customer of Virgin Wines, and have a code for a £20 voucher if anyone wants it. I think you have to spend something like £69.99 to get the £20 off though. Drop me an email through my username if anyone wants it!

Plus Virgin Wines will send out replacement cases, no questions asked, if wine that is delivered, and left outside your door (as it usually is) happens to go missing... :beer:
  • thelofttheloft Forumite
    1.7K posts
    Donal wrote: »
    First post here, great forum!
    Plus Virgin Wines will send out replacement cases, no questions asked, if wine that is delivered, and left outside your door (as it usually is) happens to go missing...
    Sounds like an invitation for fraud, or am I being too cynical !!
    "0844 COSTS YOU MORE"
  • We had a lovely Vaqeros Cabernet Savignon last night in a restuarant and am trying frantically to find out where I can buy a case. Cant really find out much on the tinternet, anyone any idea where I can find?
  • I went on an evening course to learn about wine. What I was told was to find a grape variety that you like and whether a bottle is £2.99 or £22.99 you will usually enjoy it. I like Pinot Grigio and therefore as long as I look out for wine with the Pinot grape I have not been disappointed. The guy running the course got us to taste lots of wines and would tell us the price after we had tried it. The most suprising was a wine from Aldi which cost just £2.59 and was better than the more expensive wines that we had tried. Go with your taste buds and not the price.