online quotes for loan

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Loans
2 replies 576 views
netimkanetimka Forumite
1.7K Posts
✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Loans
i'm planning to buy a car a need £4000... dont want to go with any financial deal from car dealer just get it from any bank... as i'm I have online banking I can do my quotes online... and my biggest question/concern, can do I do it with more banks? for example get 3 quotes? also should I check with the brnage as well?

also why the typical apr for 5k is 8.9% and for 4k is jumb to 12.9%? we were thinking to use 1k of our saving but maybe is better to take 5k one and use this extra 1k to bigger repayments IYKWIM:confused:

Thanks for any opinions:A
This will be mine in 2009 member's club no. 359 :happyloveCash £1000+, Holiday, Handbag
Aug wins: The Good The Bad The Weird On Blu-ray~Benecol Bag for Life

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

Replies

• CLAPTONCLAPTON Forumite
    41.9K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you wil pay less interest borrowing 5000 at 8.9% than borrrowing 4000 at 12.9% so best to borrow 5k and either save, or if allowed, to overpay.

be careful about making too many applications as each is recorded in your credit file and too many is bad news.

I don't know what a 'brnage' is.
  • netimkanetimka Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    CLAPTON wrote: »
    you wil pay less interest borrowing 5000 at 8.9% than borrrowing 4000 at 12.9% so best to borrow 5k and either save, or if allowed, to overpay.

be careful about making too many applications as each is recorded in your credit file and too many is bad news.

I don't know what a 'brnage' is.

thanks... it should be branch, I'm just tried after searching for a car and loan... and these salesman with their deals:o ... its a hard work but i will have a car soon;)
    This will be mine in 2009 member's club no. 359 :happyloveCash £1000+, Holiday, Handbag
    Aug wins: The Good The Bad The Weird On Blu-ray~Benecol Bag for Life

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST MSE NEWS AND GUIDES

Cut overdraft charges

10 tips to pay less for your overdraft + how to pay it off

MSE Guides

FREE tennis coaching

Find your nearest session and pre-book your place online

MSE Deals