Saving/investment Where To Put My Money

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in ISAs & Tax-free Savings
2 replies 634 views
Sandie_YoungSandie_Young Forumite
1 Post
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in ISAs & Tax-free Savings
I have about £40,000 (through a bereavement) to invest/save and not sure where to put it. My head is spinning with all the financial problems going on around that I am so confused now. Can anyone help/advise me on the safest and most profitable place to invest this amount of money.

Thank you.:confused:

Replies

• dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    107.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you want to invest or save? You say both and it may be a bit of both but its the first consideration you really need to make.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • BaldurBaldur Forumite
    6.6K Posts
    If you are a taxpayer and have not yet used this year's Cash ISA allowance, you can pay £3,600 into a variable or fixed rate account - see HERE and HERE. As for general savings/investments, you would probably be better advised to ask in the Savings & Investments board (of which this ISA one is a sub-board).
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Best student bank accounts 2021/22

Incl. free 0% overdrafts and railcards

MSE Guide

Next 50% off sale rumour

Here's what we've found...

MSE Deals