New Post Advanced Search

OS Daily Mon 13th Oct 08

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
113 replies 5.3K views
N9eavN9eav Forumite
4.7K posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
Hi, this is the OS Daily thread for Monday 13th October . It is an 'over the garden fence' type thread where we chat about everything OS and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an OS natter. The more the merrier!

When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem, we’re a laid back bunch here so you won’t hear any complaints. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “Hi everyone, hope you are all well” type start does just as well.

Morning.

It's raining here, which is a little surprising after the weeks of dry. Working today at 1pm, so I will have time to sort out a few things this morning.

Spent the afternoon in Port Isaac yesterday. It was very warm and sunny and just sitting on the beach having a cream tea was very pleasant for October!. (it's where they filmed the Doc Martin series). The house he lived in is up for sale, I looked at it, but there is no parking and it is north facing, so you don't get much sun. The windows are old and single glazed, so I bet it's cold too. Price was as steep as the hill outside.

I need to get 4 tyres today for the car. I am afraid it will have to be Mr Credit card for that one. My neighbour is a mechanic so got me a reasonable deal.

Well not much else to say. have a nice day

NO to pasty tax We won!!!! Just shows that people power works! Don't be apathetic to your cause!

Replies

• redrubyredruby Forumite
    7.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning N9eav, and all to follow,

Too dark to see what the weather is doing yet but hopefully it will be nice again, got a little bit of washing to get done. I also need to clean through the house, change the beds and do an online shop, that should keep me busy for the day :D .

Roast chicken for tea, and I need to make some millies cookies for dd's lunch.
    Little dog will need a walk, and I might manage an hour in the garden, phew and thats my day off :rolleyes: .

Hope everyone is well hugs where needed

Have good days all xx
  • jannyanniejannyannie Forumite
    797 posts
    ✭✭✭
    Morning N9eav, Redruby and all who cross and follow,

Just getting light here, it's so humid at the moment.

BETH big hugs to you and your DB's.
    I have read the thread but have forgotten everything! Hugs to all who need one this morning and hello to anyone new I may have missed.

I have 2 days training ahead of me. Can't say I'm looking forward to it as it's to do with management of aggression and violence. One day writing and then one day in the gym getting thrown about. It's more the location than anything else as it's in the back end of beyond and a s*d to get to.

Tea tonight is moussaka I cooked yesterday. Have had a small taste, am so looking forward to it!

Have a good day all.

Jan :A xxxx
  • Good morning N9eav and redruby,where is everyone today.
    Just been out to hang my washing out and it's lovely.Strange though like a summer's morning only dark.
    OH back at work this week so I'm going to do my usual monday house clean and see my DD this evening.Nothing exciting today planned.
    I hope everyone has a good day.
    Take care xxx.
  • morwennamorwenna Forumite
    844 posts
    Morning all :hello:

It's dark here so I have no idea what the weather is doing. DW is on as is the WM. Off to work, so I need to get a wiggle on really. Made chicken pieces in a tomatoey sauce last night for tea tonight so that is a time saver.

Hope everyone's well and hugs for everyone
  • Mornin, N9eav and redruby and all to follow,
    It's quite warm here at the mo but still scary and dark!
    Off to work soon which I am not looking forward to as Friday was hell , I have only been there over a month and for some reason one girl has decided she doesn't like me she also took it upon herself to not speak to me at all on friday even though she is supposed to be the one training me.
    I think she was just in a bad mood but she made me feel really excluded, I hope today is better, she might behave(i hope) as our manager is back from annual leave.

Hugs to everyone who needs it, hope you all have a good day!

Dx
    DFW AND OS'ER IN TRAINING!!:D
    Oh and bump due 3rd Dec 09' mummy to be for the first time :T
  • DumyatDumyat Forumite
    2.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭
    it looks dark and cold outside. just heading off to work. Doing a number of extra hours this week, so bank account will be happy, but its a thought at the start of the week. roll on friday.

lots of different meal possibilities in the fridge for tonight's tea. will see what I feel like later.
    x x x
  • Morning all
    It's mild here this morning so maybe we'll have another nice day, hope so as hubby gets grumpy in bad weather. The job he was meant to be starting next week has been put back, no idea when it will start now, it seems the bank have changed their mind about finance, hey ho.
    I'm off to work now, have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester

Never let success go to your head, never let failure go to your heart.
  • Penelope_PenguinPenelope_Penguin Forumite
    17.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped! Best Buy Bear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good morning Old Stylers :beer: I'm off to w*** soon, so thought I'd pop in quickly. I've prepared tonight's pasta bake (the children can stick it in the Rayburn later), the YM is on, washing out of the WM and on the creel, BM on for tonight. Off to take a cup of tea to DS (DD has a lie in as she's off on work experience :rolleyes: ).

Please can you take a look at this thread and post your views ;)

Have a great day, Penny x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • KAAT_LADYKAAT_LADY Forumite
    4.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good Morning All

Its nice and mild this morning I have just had some of my HM bread and its lovely .I had beter get sommat done today like hoovering and dusting as I have not done any for a few days

DH mad some of DIVAs pick a lilly last night and he is raving about it ,,he loves it ,,THANKS MSDIVA..it is brilliant according to him ..i dont like pick a lilly.

just off to look at PPs thread see whats what

see you later

Ann x
    ps if anyone likes pick a lilly please try this recipe its to rave about so my OH says

DIVAS PICK A LILLY

700ml Malt vinegar
    2 tbsp Coriander seeds
    500g Cauliflower, broken into 3cm florets
    2 Onions, peeled and chopped
    3 tbsp English mustard powder
    3 tbsp Plain flour
    1 tbsp Turmeric
    2 tsp Ground ginger
    150ml Cider vinegar
    100g French beans or runner beans, trimmed and cut into 1cm slices
    ½ Cucumber or courgettes, quartered lengthways and cut into 1cm slices
    2 Garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
    200g Granulated sugar

Place the malt vinegar and coriander seeds in a large pan and bring to a boil. Add the cauliflower and onion and simmer for 5 minutes until slightly softened but still crunchy.
    Meanwhile, put the mustard, flour, turmeric and ginger in a small bowl and gradually whisk in the cider vinegar until smooth.
    Add the remaining vegetables, garlic and sugar to the pan and stir over the heat for 2–3 minutes until the sugar has dissolved. Drain over a large bowl to collect the vinegar.
    Put the mustard mixture in the pan and bring to the boil. Gradually add the drained malt vinegar and simmer for 10 minutes, until thick enough to coat the back of the spoon. Add the drained vegetables and take off the heat.
    Spoon into sterilised jars

I thought I had lost it its taken me all this time to find it

mortgage free as of 06/02/2008#
    berthas buddies No 5
    murphys no more pies club member ,No 242..
    .,night owl 25

• Pippa.SPippa.S Forumite
    2.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mornin everybody,:wave:
    I am even earlier today, have a lot to do, cases are on the spare bed, and all the clothes are ready to go in, just got to check the stuff for the sponge bags, and its all systems go.

Then its vac,dust,a bit of washing,ironing,wash all hard floors,fridge is all cleaned out and freezer is fully stocked up for when we get back,the drive needs sweeping so OH can do that and all down the side,(he is always trying to help....and you know the rest):rolleyes:

I do have to keep my eye on him though as he goes at things like a bull at a gate and wears himself out. He needs this holiday, since he was ill he seems to have lost a lot of his strength, so it will do him good to sit around a pool and take it easy for a bit, mixed with some good walks he will soon feel better.:j

Starting to get light now still no clue as to what the weather holds in store,
    it is dry though.

Hope all the poorlys feel better this morning x
    (((hugs)))all round today

I can hear OH stiring, I'll go make him a cuppa
    Back in a bit (might be a big bit though):rotfl:

Anne
    x