Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

September 2008 Grocery Challenge. Please read first two posts. - Page 89

New Post Advanced Search

September 2008 Grocery Challenge. Please read first two posts.

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
1.7K replies 114.7K views

Replies

• rosiebenrosieben Forumite
    5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rosieben - I have noticed that you are very good at letting people know where stuff is and what they should do when starting, you are a great help to people on here so just wanted to saythanx.gif

Awww, shucks :o

Thanks Denise, but I found so much help and good advice here when I was in desperate need, and now just paying it forward as so many OS'ers do ;)
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener
  • Angelatgraceland just wondering how you got free delivery from Asda?
    MFW Challenge (Tgt Date Nov 07): ACHIEVED FEB 07!
    Mthly Savings (Tgt 60% of Inc): Average 41.67% (but we have just paid for a new kitchen!)
    Savings Goal £500k (Target Date 50th B'Day Nov 17): 30.41%
  • Just about to update sig, spent £78.91 in tesco today :eek: it was £107.93 before offers and my £5 voucher, however they did have roses/quality street on bogof, we give these as gifts to 5 people and bought our Xmas chocolate as well so am well stocked up. Also managed to get 4 stocking fillers for the kids. Means I will have to be very careful for the rest of September but was worth it.

(Also I could trans some money from my xmas savings to cover the chocolate but will leave that at the moment and see how we go)
  • Morning everyone - just logged on to update my GC total - looking a bit scary now but Freezers and cupboards are bulging, have planned meals until the end of the month so will only need to buy F&V and milk in between times.:D

Welcome to all the newbies - you'll soon be addicted like all of us.;)

Got my Xmas Cake finished last week, made my Mincemeat and now have my first Xmas Pudding steaming away at the moment - always make 2 as we like to have one New Years Day too.:D

Had Roast Lamb for Dinner yesterday and plenty left so making a Curry tonight.

Off out into the Garden now as it's needing a bit of a tidy as been neglected this last week due to all the rain. At least it's a nicer day today - enjoy the rest of the day.;)
    "WASTE NOT, WANT NOT!"
    GC for OH, myself, DD18 & DD16 includes Toiletries, cleaning stuff & Food.

• Hiya guys,
    Not feeling too good today typical as on a few days off:mad: so lazing about a bit while texting to help family sort some probs out.
    Should be a NSD's for me again today, may go and help OH spend some of his money later if I feel better:rotfl: using the voucher from NOTW I got yesterday, love-in it:rotfl:

HWGA xx
    lost 3stin 4mnths GC nov£90/£51.65 July£100/£97.67 Aug£90/£18.59
    LBM Nov05 Loan £4910.65 Paid April07 sealed pot challenge#256
    Nov06 CC £2,590.56 Paid aug07 + Savings07/08 Night Owl 22#
    Mortgage £87,000/£84,000/ £82,261.00/£81,785.30 £80,268/£75402.00/£71229.15 DFW NERD 987 Long Haul member 125 debt free 24th aug 07
  • patentgirlpatentgirl Forumite
    920 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭
    good luck everyone for September challenge going to have to give this one a miss as already spent way over entertaining visitors for DDs wedding last week and a break away to Cornwall will be back in October but will keep and eye on thread for tips and recipesx
    January grocery challenge £150
  • The f&v and milk I bought last week is lasting out well so another NSD today and one yesterday. Don't think I'll need to stock up on anything for at least another two days.

So pleased I have stocked my freezer though as my eldest granddaughter gave birth to a little girl very late Saturday night and I went with my dd, dgd2 and dgs2 to see her and to take her little boy (my great grandson) home. Safe delivery after a slightly worrying pregnancy. Anyway, didn't get back home until 10.30, but I'd left out a large chunk of frozen lentil loaf and I had this with a jacket potato and some salad. Then at around 11.30 p.m. I wanted something sweet so made some scrummy biscuits from my Delia vegetarian cookbook.

I've also made some crab apple jelly today - at least I started it first thing yesterday morning but had to finish it off today due to arrival of ggd. I only had about 9 oz of crab apples as I only planted the tree this Spring. I got 1/4pt of juice from them and added 1/4 lb sugar, takes only two minutes boiling to reach setting point and tastes lovely. Will have to keep it in the fridge and use fairly quickly as I have no wax discs or anything, but it'll go lovely with lentil or nut roast and as there's only half a jar it should be OK.

Quick OT question - this last couple of days all the smilies etc have become "animated". Is this something to do with the website update or have they always been and my browser just didn't show it?

Welcome to all newbies.
    Dec GC £100/76.61/16.46/10.19 - £103.26
    Jan GC £100/64.20/20.91 (£14.89 left)
  • Not been keeping up with thread as i've been busy and it moves too fast! Did my weekly shop yesterday and spent £29.67 so have updated my signature. Mr S are doing 12 medium FR eggs for £1.93 :D Hoping for lots of NSD's this week. Hope everyone is doing well.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
    Bertrand Russell
  • just thought i'd check in......first time in over a week, and i've got NO chance of reading all the posts!! can't believe where they all come from!

haven't been able to get on here for a while....Ruby had her pups last week so things have been really hectic here!

i'm just getting back into the swing of baking, and keeping on top of the GC! managed to make some rolls in the BM this morning, and a batch of iced buns. got a gammon joint cooking at the mo, and that's gonna get sliced up and frozen for sandwiches

does anyone know if Mr M's doing a 50p offer this week?

hope everyone's ok, and (((hugs))) to those that need them x

• I am new to this and would like to join the Grocery Challenge. Spending has got a little out of control recently but am ready to get back on track. Used to allow £400 per month for shopping and misc bits and pieces but need to reduce this to around £250 per month.

Grocery Challenge Sept so far £108.54/£250
    Weightloss 2013 = 3lb/40lb
    £2 savers club = £2
    Weekly Grocery Challenge w/c 20/1 = £101.97/£30
    Jan NSD = 2/10
    :)