I've Upset my Mum :(

Replies

• How about you go shopping for your accessories when she visits you?
    Got married 23rd May 2009, many thanks to all on the Weddings and Anniversaries board for their help and support!
  • floss2floss2 Forumite
    8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    MsChazzer wrote: »
    How about you go shopping for your accessories when she visits you?

Shoes, veil, jewellery etc...... or even BM dresses?
  • Thanks Girls,

The flowers I ordered should be arriving today. I've just spoken to my dad and my mum is out, but the flowers haven't arrived yet. I sent my mum the photo of my dress, and a sample of the embroidered material. Plus I will email her a picture of the flower detail as she will incorporate this into the stationery. She's very creative and crafty so I know she will do a fab job on the stationery.

I think I will hold on and do the shoes, veil, tiara, jewellry shopping with her, and might see if she has any nice jewellery that I can wear.

I am definitely going to involve her with the BM dresses. I have ordered samples from Landy for the colour swatches and I am going to use my sister as a test (5 BMs in total so want to do 1 test dress first!), so my mum can measure my sister and then I will order the dress accordingly.

Plus I will store my dress at my mums, so I will end up visiting her more (she likes that - even though she lives 200 miles away lol).

I will call her tonight, I hope the flowers have worked :o
  • Wonder what happened?

Hope it all worked out ok

almar
    Quidco £196 - Voucher Codes £408 - GC Saved £603
    P.A.D. £[strike]4720[/strike] / £4330- Jan GC £375/Spent £283.78
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Thanks Almar!!

Peace reigns finally. The flowers worked a treat. I 'm pretty sure that she is ok now. She is doing my save the date cards so that is keeping her busy right now.

Thanks for all your advice Ladies, it is much appreciated :D
  • becsbecs Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    Sammy_girl,

How lucky you are to have a Mum that wants to be involved. When I got married last year I did everything myself, my Mum reluctantly came dress shopping with me but didn't come with me for any fittings or to collect dress. She didn't come to the florists or anything with me. I didn't have any close friends nearby so ended up doing everything on my own. My sister in law was my bridesmaid and after we'd bought her dress she decided she didn't like it so my mum arranged to go to a bridal shop with her to look for an alternative and just told me she was doing it! I was so upset.
    As it was we had a beautiful day but I still really wish I had someone to share all the planning with. Good luck with your day and I hope it all goes beautifully for you.
    Becs
  • almar_2almar_2 Forumite
    393 Posts
    Sammy_Girl wrote: »
    Thanks Almar!!

Peace reigns finally. The flowers worked a treat. I 'm pretty sure that she is ok now. She is doing my save the date cards so that is keeping her busy right now.

Thanks for all your advice Ladies, it is much appreciated :D

May you be as happy as me and my hubby - happily married for over 33 years.

love
    almar xx
    Quidco £196 - Voucher Codes £408 - GC Saved £603
    P.A.D. £[strike]4720[/strike] / £4330- Jan GC £375/Spent £283.78
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
  • McKneffMcKneff Forumite
    38.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and me, coming up for 41 years and im only 58
    give 60% take 40% each and you cant go wrong

i knew mum would come round
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • MolanoleMolanole Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad it's all sorted out. It's such a delicate balancing act isn't it?

I just wanted to say how great it is that there are couples on here who've been married for so long, giving advice to us marrieds-to-be. Given that my folks divorced when I was little, and the resulting remarriages haven't been the happiest in the world, it warms my cockles to see that marriages, can and do endure.

I want that for H2B and I so much.

Thank you.

Mola x
    Debt Free Nerd No. 89, LBM: April 2006, Debt at highest (Sept 05): £40,939.96
    NOW TOTALLY DEBT FREE!!!!!!!! Woooo hooooooo!!! DEBT FREE DATE: 23 December 2009
  • Stephb1986_2Stephb1986_2 Forumite
    6.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought the secret was comprimise? My best mates nan and grandad have been married for 51 years!! I dont know if i could last that long i think i would like to.

Steph xx
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides