Readings at a wedding

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Weddings & Anniversaries
11 replies 1.1K views
LorneLorne Forumite
770 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Weddings & Anniversaries
I'm looking for two readings for our service, anyone got any links? The ones I've found online involve paying to join a forum or buying a book so thought I'd try here first!
Thanks for the advice Martin! :money:
Member no. 920 - Proud to be dealing with our debts

Replies

• now proud mum to 3 handsome boys :j latest one born 10/10/11:j
  • McKneffMcKneff Forumite
    38.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My son and daughter in law had a pam ayres one about getting married or being married which was quite fun. cant remember the name of it but Paym Ayres does have a web site
    make the most of it, we are only here for the weekend.
    and we will never, ever return.
  • MsChazzerMsChazzer Forumite
    701 Posts
    Sticking wedding readings into Google seems to bring up loads, hope you find something.
    Got married 23rd May 2009, many thanks to all on the Weddings and Anniversaries board for their help and support!
  • Lemon_TreeLemon_Tree Forumite
    10.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    are you looking for secular or religious or a bit of both?
  • Hi Lorne,

Are you looking for biblical readings? I don't know where to look either, but a colleague of mine is getting a selection for me to choose from as he is very clued up on his bible. I can let you know if that helps.

I'm stuck on my hymns. I definitely want Guide Me O Thou Great Redeemer and Lord of the Dance, but I can't think of what middle hymn to use. I've suggested Jerusalem, but H2B thinks it is a bit too much for our humble affair.

Or ask the vicar what he suggests?
  • LeopardladyLeopardlady Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Sammy_Girl wrote: »
    Hi Lorne,

Are you looking for biblical readings? I don't know where to look either, but a colleague of mine is getting a selection for me to choose from as he is very clued up on his bible. I can let you know if that helps.

I'm stuck on my hymns. I definitely want Guide Me O Thou Great Redeemer and Lord of the Dance, but I can't think of what middle hymn to use. I've suggested Jerusalem, but H2B thinks it is a bit too much for our humble affair.

Or ask the vicar what he suggests?

Why not try Love's Divine all Loves excelling, it is a lovely hymn and perfect for weddings?

We had Loves divine, then Jerusalem and then Guide me. It was fab, everyone knew the words as the two are rugby anthems. :T

Readings, we had the wedding at Ca'ana (water into wine) and then a secular reading from the Velveteen Rabbit, it was great and kept everyone talking afterwards:T
    Good luck it is such fun!
    Leopardlady
    Got married on the 26th April 08!!!!!!!:j:T

Bumpy Bean was due 20th Nov 2010, born 15th Nov :j:j:T
  • The Velveteen Rabbit has a gorgeous section:

‘What is REAL?’ asked the Rabbit one day, when they were lying side by side near the nursery fender, before Nana came to tidy the room. ‘Does it mean having things that buzz inside you and a stick-out handle?’ ‘Real isn’t how you are made,’ said the Skin Horse. ‘It’s a thing that happens to you. When someone loves you for a long, long time, not just to play with, buy REALLY loves you, then you become Real.’ ‘Does it hurt? Asked the Rabbit. ‘Sometimes,’ said the Skin Horse, for he was always truthful. ‘When you are Real you don’t mind being hurt.’ ‘Does it happen all at once, like being wound up,’ he asked, ‘or bit by bit?’ ‘ It doesn’t happen all at once,’ said the Skin Horse. ‘You become. It takes a long time. That’s why it doesn’t happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in your joints and very shabby. But these things don’t matter at all, because once you are Real you can’t be ugly, except to people who don’t understand.’ ‘I suppose you are real?’ said the Rabbit. And then he wished he had not said it, for he thought the Skin Horse only smiled. ‘Someone made me Real,’ he said. ‘That was a great many years ago; but once you are Real you can’t become unreal again. It lasts for always.’
    Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
    Three gifts left to buy
  • skintchickskintchick Forumite
    15.1K Posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The forum on Confetti.com has loads on a thread - go and have a look.
    :cool: DFW Nerd Club member 023...DFD 9.2.2007 :cool:
    :heartpuls married 21 6 08 :A Angel babies' birth dates 3.10.08 * 4.3.11 * 11.11.11 * 17.3.12 * 2.7.12 :heart2: My live baby's birth date 22 7 09 :heart2: I'm due another baby at the end of July 2014! :j
  • Lemon_TreeLemon_Tree Forumite
    10.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i love the excerpt from the Velveteen Rabbit, if it wasn't for the fact i've printed out all the orders of service and don't really want to redo them all for the third time i'd be tempted to change our secular reading to that.
  • Im having this one for my wedding on 16th May next year
    You are my husband, you are my wife
    My feet shall run because of you
    My feet dance because of you
    My heart shall beat because of you
    My eyes see because of you
    My mind thinks because of you
    And I shall love, because of you.
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST NEWS AND GUIDES

Balance transfer credit cards

Shift existing card debt to 0% interest for up to 31 months