New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Complain about Sky?

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Praise, Vent & Warnings
8 replies 3.8K views
black-saturnblack-saturn
13.9K posts
✭✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Praise, Vent & Warnings
I just rang Sky (via the freefone number found on another thread) as my Sky has been off all weekend. It went off on friday lunchtime and I went away at the weekend and I cam back this evening and it was still not working. The telephone operator was Mr Strop. He kept being sarcastic and kept going all quiet and putting me on hold for ages. When I said "Hello?" because he hadnt said anything for ages he said "a little patience wouldnt go amiss". How do I complain?
2008 Comping Challenge
Won so far - £3010 Needed - £230
Debt free since Oct 2004

Replies

• nearlyrichnearlyrich Forumite
    13.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Hung up my suit! Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just rang Sky (via the freefone number found on another thread) as my Sky has been off all weekend. It went off on friday lunchtime and I went away at the weekend and I cam back this evening and it was still not working. The telephone operator was Mr Strop. He kept being sarcastic and kept going all quiet and putting me on hold for ages. When I said "Hello?" because he hadnt said anything for ages he said "a little patience wouldnt go amiss". How do I complain?

I tried to complain to Sky and the supervisor couldn't make me agree with her so she accused me of being abusive and terminated the call( ME Stroppy LOL). I only asked her to explain how they could take a double payment from my bank account but she couldn't. I am waiting for them to call me back, I cancelled my DD and got my bank to repay it, still got the service and was getting 4 or 5 calls a day from Sky collections.

They can't deal with CS issues and CS can't or won't either.

Good luck.
    Free impartial debt advice from: National Debtline or Stepchange[/CENTER]
  • webmasterpolowebmasterpolo Forumite
    672 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Typical how the collections dept are right on it yet the c/s team couldn't give a monkeys.
    Sense is not common.
  • I just rang Sky (via the freefone number found on another thread) as my Sky has been off all weekend. It went off on friday lunchtime and I went away at the weekend and I cam back this evening and it was still not working. The telephone operator was Mr Strop. He kept being sarcastic and kept going all quiet and putting me on hold for ages. When I said "Hello?" because he hadnt said anything for ages he said "a little patience wouldnt go amiss". How do I complain?

And what was this "freefone number" or what was the thread you found it on?
  • black-saturnblack-saturn
    13.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its 0800 731 6965
    2008 Comping Challenge
    Won so far - £3010 Needed - £230
    Debt free since Oct 2004
  • Thanks BS but I got it from someone two days later and rang them and threatened to leave and they replaced my box free of charge.
  • hamadphamadp Forumite
    20 posts
    This number worked for me 0800 0512597

hope it helped:)
  • cyberbobcyberbob Forumite
    9.5K posts
    hamadp wrote: »
    This number worked for me 0800 0512597

hope it helped:)
    You do realise this thread is 4 years old!:eek: So I assume the posters have already managed to sort any issues
  • preablepreable Forumite
    2.1K posts
    Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Its funny hous customer service dont care and then when you threaten to leave the cancelation department fix all your problems
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support