edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
3.1K replies 304.4K views

Replies

• MRSMCAWBERMRSMCAWBER Forumite
    5.4K posts
    Morning all

My 2nd NSD in a row :D ....

for dinner today we have:-
    • roast chicken -have stripped and frozen the rest and the stock is in the fridge
    • cauli/broccoli cheese from friday -other1/3 in freezer :p
    • steamed new potatoes, carrots, yellow beans and runner beans from the garden
    I have a loaf of white bread rising in the bowl for hubby..he prefers it to the super seedy stuff i make for myself :confused:

I have to say im very lucky with hubby.... he doesn't like going into the "bad places" and as i don't like taking him with me it works rather well :D If i do need him to drive me to one of the further out supermarkets he generally sits in the car with a soduko book or comes in and goes wandering -ususally around the computer game section:rolleyes:
    When i do shop -i used to add tins of peanuts etc for hubbies treats, but he asked me not to as he only ate them because they were there... he would rather wait until he fancies something and then go and get what he wants -out of his own money :T so im considering myself verrrrry lucky:D

He has also asked for the soups that are left in the freezer for his lunches this week.... he loves them and he has said it will free me some room in the freezer :j ....

Right i will get off and get the dinner done..what bit there is to do ;) :rotfl:
    have a great day everyone :D
    -6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
  • gillamangillaman Forumite
    90 posts
    Morning everyone

Checked my weight - have put on 5lb so no baking for me. Still this'll save money won't it? Couldn't think what to have for dinner yesterday and wanted to use some of my new potatoes from the garden, but they break up easily. Decided in the end to make up a potato layer bake -

Ingredients for 1 person

2 medium thinly sliced potatoes (used potatoes a bit smaller than jacket size)
    Half an onion thinly sliced
    1/4 leek ditto
    1 clove sliced garlic (hg)
    2 oz Grated cheese
    Herbs
    Seasoning (don't use salt any more than I can help these days so just put pepper in)
    1/4 pt stock (veggie for me)
    1/8 pt milk (running short so used skim milk powder)

Put one layer of everything except stock and milk into a casserole dish
    Repeat layer ending with potatoes
    Top with herbs and dot with butter (but you could use cheese but see weight probs)
    Pour stock and milk over
    Bake for 40-50 mins at 200
    I cooked broccoli and green beans (hg) to go with it.
    Dec GC £100/76.61/16.46/10.19 - £103.26
    Jan GC £100/64.20/20.91 (£14.89 left)
  • gillamangillaman Forumite
    90 posts
    Quick question - can you edit a message after it's been sent?
    Dec GC £100/76.61/16.46/10.19 - £103.26
    Jan GC £100/64.20/20.91 (£14.89 left)
  • OrkneyStarOrkneyStar Forumite
    6.8K posts
    gillaman wrote: »
    Quick question - can you edit a message after it's been sent?
    Yes, at the bottom right of a post it will have 'thanks' or 'quote' if someone else has written it, whereas if you have written it it will have 'edit' or 'quote'. Click on edit and you can alter your message/delete your message.
    hth
    :heartpuls :heartpuls :heartpuls
  • KAAT_LADY wrote: »
    aliensarecoming.jpg

Ahhh, so that's what it was. Got back from seeing Jools Holland (who was excellent btw) just before midnight last night, and as we drove into our town there were strange lights in the sky. 4 amber lights in a row, moving slowly. No idea what they were, OH has been on t'internet this morning looking for reports of UFOs in the area! :eek:

As you can see, I wasn't abducted, so obviously wasn't considered good looking and sexy enough. Humph!

Been invited to a BBQ later, so just need to pop to the local shop for lemonade to go in the Pimms :D as friend asked us to bring some. Was going to go to Mr A for soap to make washing gloop, but seems a waste to make a 12 mile round trip. I know I'd end up "justifying" the drive by buying more stuff, which we don't really need right now. And as I am already over budget, I'm hoping to not spend any more til I get paid on Thursday. Might need to get milk, but hopefully I've got enough of everything else. So gloop will be next weekend's mission :p

Have emailed the local council this morning to see about putting our names down for an allotment. Our garden is tiny and arranged in tiers so there's no room for me to grow veggies, other than in a few pots. Figure allotments are only going to get more popular with prices rising as they have been, so want to get my name on the waiting list asap. Have no idea what to do with an allotment, so if I get one it's going to be a steep learning curve!
    You can do anything, make anything, dream anything. If you change the world, the world will change.
  • JazerJazer Forumite
    62 posts
    Hi

I have not done very well at all this week. It has definately been a lesson if you don't keep your eye on the ball it will run away from you. :(

I have spent £104.34 this week and I haven't really got anything to show for it :o

Catnap, I had the same problem with OH suggesting a takeaway, only I said yes........... and worse still I didn't enjoy it :mad:

Hopefully next week will be better

Jazer
  • KAAT_LADYKAAT_LADY Forumite
    4.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    *BigBird* wrote: »
    Ahhh, so that's what it was. Got back from seeing Jools Holland (who was excellent btw) just before midnight last night, and as we drove into our town there were strange lights in the sky. 4 amber lights in a row, moving slowly. No idea what they were, OH has been on t'internet this morning looking for reports of UFOs in the area! :eek:

As you can see, I wasn't abducted, so obviously wasn't considered good looking and sexy enough. Humph!

!

Hi there BigBird

I dont believe you are not good looking enough or sexy enough,, they were just probably going in the opposite direction

cute.gif

see ya
    mortgage free as of 06/02/2008#
    berthas buddies No 5
    murphys no more pies club member ,No 242..
    .,night owl 25

• Morning all
    Still sunny here - think it is a mirage!!!
    Spent 17.84 in Tesco/Sainsbugs and market yesterday so will only buy milk this week.
    OH decided that since we had trifle yesterday for tea he NEEDED another one from Mr M & S. Persuaded him that we had plenty of fruit for a pudding today and that another trifle would be slightly greedy!! REluctantly he agreed.
    40 items now on ebay - more to photo today and put on either this aft or tomorrow.
    Baby carrots from garden are in steamer for dinner - photo not happening!!!
    If he likes trifle so much why not make your own once a week? I always do-one in the process right now.
    I use a value jelly with a tin of fruit cocktail(add some booze too if you like)
    Some triffle sponges/dry cake/fairy cakes or whatever
    Make a pint of custard
    Some whipped elmlea or cream to top.
    You can make a huge one with the cream for about £1.50 or without it for about 50/60p
    A homemade trifle would give him about 6 servings!
    Annual Grocery budget 2018 is £1500 pa £125 calendar month £28.84 pw for 3 adults
  • mandy_moo_1mandy_moo_1 Forumite
    1.2K posts
    hi all :wave:

just popped into update my spends :rolleyes: well.....i WAS doing really well this week, but then i went and spent over £18 today!!

mind you the only ''luxury'' was 2 big scented candles-in-jars...£2.99 each, but they smell gorgeous! all tropical and summery! got one burning now...i do love me smelly candles :D

also had to get a front door mat from wilko's but it was only £3.99. somebody (dylan!!) had a little accident on the last one, and i couldn't get the flippin stain out!!

rest of the stuff i got was cheapy mouthwash, toothpaste,bleach. loo rolls and a few whoopsied bits from Mr M's....got some washing powder reduced down to 9p, so that should keep me going for a while :D

got the HM rolls baking in the oven as we speak, so gonna have bacon sarnies for lunch me-thinks :D

hope everyone has a good day xx

• *BigBird**BigBird* Forumite
    1K posts
    Just found a packet of instant custard powder in the cupboard with a best before date of Jan 08 :eek: Should I bin it, or would it still be OK to use?
    You can do anything, make anything, dream anything. If you change the world, the world will change.