July 2008 Grocery Challenge

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
3.1K replies 304.3K views

Replies

• angelnikki wrote: »
    I've always got an answer ;) not always the right one though... :rotfl:

Nikki
    x

Ha ha, that's like me, Got an answer for everything as my hubby says :rotfl: .... like you, not always the right one but so long as I keep answering, got to hit it right now and again....:confused:
    LBM April 2013 - £29,000.00
    Vanquis CC's PAID - Debenhams SC PAID - A+L OD PAID - Asda CC £783.75
    Barclaycard CC £1400.78 - BoS CC PAID - Freemans Cat PAID
    F/D Loan & CC £1458.96 - Santander Loan PAID - Mum Loan PAID
    RBS OD PAID - F/D OD £1026.52
    Weekly Grocery Challenge - £95.00 budget / spend £-
  • afternoon all,

got my tissues, (yes the balsam ones!) and some total yogurts for me and mum (love the low pointsness for my WW), a loaf of cheap bread (don't want to cough in the hm one :( ) and some more medicines, (cough meds and berocca-a-like to boost my immune system)

MRSM - Welcome back :grouphug:, hope your going ok, the veg haul looks fab!!!

i'm off to cough some more

see you all later

ioiwe x
    Nonny mouse and Proud!!
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience
    !!
    Debtfightingdivaextraordinaire!!!!
    Amor et metus. Lac? Sugar? Quisque massa vel duo? (stolen from a lovely forumite!)

• MonikerMoniker Forumite
    626 posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the advice about Flikr.com. I will have to ask permission of the webmaster (i.e.my DH) before I join anything like that as he is very wary - he works from home and we are on a network so I can't risk any compromise to security!

Have managed to get out in the garden for an hour and do some 'weeding' aka digging up some really overgrown hebes. An hour of that was enough - my back is already complaining! No sign of the gas man yet - DH says that's because it's not Monday (duh! and to think I married him because he made me laugh!)

The sun peeped out a moment ago but then it got shy and went away again. Hope it's shining on all of you.

Love Moniker
  • KAAT_LADYKAAT_LADY Forumite
    4.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back Mrs M

FelineFantastic I have an Archie as well,, he is the old cat thats on medication and this is his picture

archie.jpg
    he is seventeen years old and not very good at the moment
    mortgage free as of 06/02/2008#
    berthas buddies No 5
    murphys no more pies club member ,No 242..
    .,night owl 25

• patentgirlpatentgirl Forumite
    920 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭
    Just wanted to say a big warm welcome back Mrs M!X
    January grocery challenge £150
  • wendywitchwendywitch Forumite
    1.3K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Can I have some help please? I've been sorting out my cupboards trying to write a meal plan :rolleyes: and I've found a dented/ reduced can of "Cannellini beans", don't know why I brought them :confused:. Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do with them? What do they taste like?
  • OrkneyStar wrote: »
    You can use vinegar instead of egg ?
    Yes I have a recipe for eggless sponge/chocolate cake.

Re the beans-just add them to a chilli or casserolle or suchlike-like you would do with kidney beans.

Orkneystar-yes I can see your nana muffins! Now Im hungry!
    Annual Grocery budget 2018 is £1500 pa £125 calendar month £28.84 pw for 3 adults
    4.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Angelnikki

I was going to declare this week but I think Its next week so will keep on going
    berthas buddies No 5
    .,night owl 25

• smetfsmetf Forumite
    86 posts
    Hi all
    Welcome back Mrs M!

Have just spent ages catching up on posts, had to post and say Mrs M's tortillas are fantastic. So easy to make and so tasty- made a batch for lunch for 3 kids and me, had them with sandwich fillings that needed using up and then made a batch for our enchiladas for tea, free wine (from my dad to say well done for finishing essays) and free film (Michael Clayton -free Lovefilm trial) how MSE can you get!!:A Can see me making lots of tortillas over the hols- kids loved them had one savoury and then one sweet each :D

:mad: On a crosser note- not managed to change Mr T order as site wouldn't let me- logged in, got to page where you can click on your orders and then every time I clicked on it- nothing happened Grrr! Will just have to think quick and reject some of the stuff when it comes- does anyone else sometimes have this problem with Mr T?
    Sausages and noodles here for tea- sounds a funny mix but the kids love it (well 2 out of three)

Smetf
    PS Angelatgraceland fancy posting your eggless sponge/ chocolate cake recipie pretty please?
    Wendywitch We like cannelini beans drained and rinsed, then cooked up with a little olive oil, stock cube, garlic and herbs- think it was a Delia calendar served with lamb chops mmmmmmmmmmm but would work as a side serving with other things too !

4.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Herbaholic wrote: »
    KAAT_LADY - Loving the graphics your posting, they do add some cheer to the day, can you believe not so long ago you had problems posting images :)
    :)

Hi there Herbaholic

I do love putting them on as well and it was not long ago at all when I just couldnt do it ,, and I am glad they are bringing some cheer
    berthas buddies No 5
    .,night owl 25