New Post Advanced Search

The Money Diet, Updated, Discussion Area

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in The MoneySaving Books
105 replies 147.2K views

Replies

• Just ordered a copy from play.com for £5.99 with free delivery. I've already got my copy from amazon but as it is so great have ordered a copy for my sis for christmas!!! :xmastree:
  • £3.99 bargain! Just bought everyone in my family a copy for a Christmas stocking filler!
  • Hi

Just ordered the "Money Diet" from here http://www.dvd.co.uk/product2.asp?id=0091906881 for £3.95 including delivery, which is pretty good.

Looking forward to reading it!

Cheers :beer:
    Rez
  • Hi
    If you have a British Bookshops & Sussex Stationers near you then you can pick up Martins book for £4.99 (not a limited offer).
    Cheers
  • Amazon are offering Martin's latest "Money Diet" at £3.99 in an e-mail of 'deals of the week' this morning.
    Survivor of debt, redundancy, endowment scams, share crashes, sky-high inflation, lousy financial advice, and multiple house price booms. Comfortably retired after learning to back my own judgement.
    This is not advice - hopefully it's common sense..
  • Hi all,
    I'm a fairly new British Moneysaver and love the site. I have managed to save loads of money just getting off my !!!!!! and seeking out cheaper phone, internet suppliers etc, thanks to encouragement from this website, and am currently saving hard in order to pay off my student loan in 2 years (a bbc programme in the making surely???).
    I was thinking of buying The Money Diet in order to get even more money saved, but I live in Brussels, Belgium. Is it only relevant to UK moneysavers or can it help us expats too?
    Thanks for the help
    from
    The Language Monkey
  • SystemSystem
    177.8K posts
    10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hiya, the fundementals and ideas behind it are still the same, no matter what country you are in.
  • SystemSystem
    177.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    but I live in Brussels, Belgium. Is it only relevant to UK moneysavers or can it help us expats too?
    Thanks for the help
    Hiya, the fundementals and ideas behind it are still the same, no matter what country you are in.
  • Hi,
    Thanks for that reply Judi. I was also looking at 'What Not To Buy' by Alvin Hall...any comments?
    The Language Monkey
  • SystemSystem
    177.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I havent read that particular book but i have read one of his others. He's more into cutting down/out on things - sort of going without if you know what i mean (well thats how he came over to me). I found him a little extreme. Whereas Martins style is getting the most value out of what money we have, by shopping around, getting the best deals etc.

That is my personal slant on two authors anyway.