edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
3.1K replies 305.6K views

Replies

• Flylady_FlowerFlylady_Flower Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Denise,

this isn't our normal weather - unfortunately - after all I'm in north east Scotland which isn't known for its sunny weather - think on the whole you're better off where you are!

Tomorrow can only be better!
    Perrywinkle

Ha ha, thanks Perrywinkle, just fed up looking at the grey skies - I like cool, I like thunderstorms, I even like rain sometimes, but constant grey skies really depress me, at least with a thunder storm you get excitement, thunder, lightning, bright, black skies, then clear blue skies and rainbows - this grey just seeems to seep into everything....

Ooooh, moaning again, better go to bed......:rotfl: as you say, tomorrow can only get better....
    LBM April 2013 - £29,000.00
    Vanquis CC's PAID - Debenhams SC PAID - A+L OD PAID - Asda CC £783.75
    Barclaycard CC £1400.78 - BoS CC PAID - Freemans Cat PAID
    F/D Loan & CC £1458.96 - Santander Loan PAID - Mum Loan PAID
    RBS OD PAID - F/D OD £1026.52
    Weekly Grocery Challenge - £95.00 budget / spend £-
  • cookinmummycookinmummy Forumite
    4.2K Posts
    Oh Merfe - so sorry :grouphug: - all the best to you and your DH.

Just to report - nothing - had 2 NSD and tomorrow we are having a free lunch thanks to ms-ing - so that will be another NSD.

Lucky you perrywinkle re the weather - its been miserable here for days!!
  • MonikerMoniker Forumite
    626 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭
    Well it's way past my bed time, but OH is still working on a project which has to be completed by the morning so I am keeping him company! Have spent the last hour and a half catching up on all the posts as was away yesterday at BIL's funeral so no time to post.

Mrs M and Merfe, so sorry to hear your news.

Today was a 5th NSD for me (a record!) as we haven't needed to buy any food since last Friday. Yesterday we had sandwiches provided and got back too late to cook meals so survived on milk and biscuits (hm of course!). Today I had lunch with friends (for free) and we had a shepherd's pie out of the freezer for supper. I used up the stalk of the broccoli and some almost past their use by date veges to make a big batch of soup in the slo-cooker. Well, it's been so foul here today that it feels like winter and we need the comfort food. Not sure what I'll cook tomorrow (somehow the meal plan has gone out of the window this week) but it may be a quiche as I have some bacon in the freezer to use up - or it might be just a bacon and cauliflower cheese if there's enough cauliflower left. I could always bulk it out with some tinned sweetcorn. Hm, I'll let you know how it goes!

I'd better go and see if OH needs re-fuelling and then I think I will have to go to bed as I can't keep my eyes open much longer. Night night peeps!

Moniker
  • Got water from cooking vegs up left, used for gravy but loathed to throw the rest away, can anyone give new and old uses for it, let's see how many different options you all can come up with:T :T :T :T :T

So many great ideas appear on this thread I know your imagenations will work over time, and I will be waiting with baited breath:D
    lost 3stin 4mnths GC nov£90/£51.65 July£100/£97.67 Aug£90/£18.59
    LBM Nov05 Loan £4910.65 Paid April07 sealed pot challenge#256
    Nov06 CC £2,590.56 Paid aug07 + Savings07/08 Night Owl 22#
    Mortgage £87,000/£84,000/ £82,261.00/£81,785.30 £80,268/£75402.00/£71229.15 DFW NERD 987 Long Haul member 125 debt free 24th aug 07
  • MonikerMoniker Forumite
    626 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭
    I keep all mine and freeze it in useful batches ( say, half pints) and then defrost and use to make soups or stock for casseroles etc. Not very original I know, but hey it's late! I really am going now...

Moniker
  • Moniker wrote: »
    I keep all mine and freeze it in useful batches ( say, half pints) and then defrost and use to make soups or stock for casseroles etc. Not very original I know, but hey it's late! I really am going now...

Moniker

Great wasn't sure of easiest quantities x
    lost 3stin 4mnths GC nov£90/£51.65 July£100/£97.67 Aug£90/£18.59
    LBM Nov05 Loan £4910.65 Paid April07 sealed pot challenge#256
    Nov06 CC £2,590.56 Paid aug07 + Savings07/08 Night Owl 22#
    Mortgage £87,000/£84,000/ £82,261.00/£81,785.30 £80,268/£75402.00/£71229.15 DFW NERD 987 Long Haul member 125 debt free 24th aug 07
  • zoe260373zoe260373 Forumite
    868 Posts
    Ooooh, I'm moving to where you live - we've had rain for 3 days now - and today I don't think it's stopped once! :mad:

EDIT: Oh, sorry, I seem to have my angry head on today (sound like aunt sally!) - I've used the angry smiley about 5 times today.... sorry, better mood tomorrow, think the rain has got in and made me rusty today....:rotfl:
    :rotfl: :rotfl: aww bless ya! what would we all do without you posting your nutty comments! you never fail to brighten my day reading your funny words and im sure im not alone,denise,you crack me up,thank you,its good to go to bed with a smile on my face i tell you.
    hope your all doing well,think ive blown my challenge,BUT it will still be less than usual and none of us have eaten any processed food so im still pretty pleased,will do better next month im sure,especially with you guys posting fab recipes and tips anyway,
    :j ooohhh ive printed all the recipes off and added them to a folder for easy reference,im soooo proud,:o i always intend to do stuff like that but just never quite get round to it,until now,so THANKS ALL OF YOU FOR BEING MY FRIENDLY,HAPPY OLDSTYLERS.x
    family is me,oh,16yDS,10DD,9DS&17month old DS,2dogs,3cats,4bunnies,5 ex battery hens&5fish.GC challenge-/£300:pspends already this month-animal food-£28,mr T shop-£119.plus local shop spends total spent £257,:j
    868 Posts
    Moniker wrote: »
    Well it's way past my bed time, but OH is still working on a project which has to be completed by the morning so I am keeping him company! Have spent the last hour and a half catching up on all the posts as was away yesterday at BIL's funeral so no time to post.

Mrs M and Merfe, so sorry to hear your news.

Today was a 5th NSD for me (a record!) as we haven't needed to buy any food since last Friday. Yesterday we had sandwiches provided and got back too late to cook meals so survived on milk and biscuits (hm of course!). Today I had lunch with friends (for free) and we had a shepherd's pie out of the freezer for supper. I used up the stalk of the broccoli and some almost past their use by date veges to make a big batch of soup in the slo-cooker. Well, it's been so foul here today that it feels like winter and we need the comfort food. Not sure what I'll cook tomorrow (somehow the meal plan has gone out of the window this week) but it may be a quiche as I have some bacon in the freezer to use up - or it might be just a bacon and cauliflower cheese if there's enough cauliflower left. I could always bulk it out with some tinned sweetcorn. Hm, I'll let you know how it goes!

I'd better go and see if OH needs re-fuelling and then I think I will have to go to bed as I can't keep my eyes open much longer. Night night peeps!

Moniker
    :grouphug: to you,hope funeral went as well as it could have,never easy i know,x
    family is me,oh,16yDS,10DD,9DS&17month old DS,2dogs,3cats,4bunnies,5 ex battery hens&5fish.GC challenge-/£300:pspends already this month-animal food-£28,mr T shop-£119.plus local shop spends total spent £257,:j
    868 Posts
    Great wasn't sure of easiest quantities x
    yeah sorry...im with moniker,thats what i do with mine too,although i dont measure i just fill any old container i happen to have..ohh to be so organised,,maybe one day(off she goes dreaming zzzz):rotfl:
    nighty night anyone whos still here.x
  • mandy_moo_1mandy_moo_1 Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    mornin all :wave:

been up since 5.30....couldn't sleep, so i've hung all the washing out cos it was really bright and sunny, and now the flippin rain clouds are on their way over here :mad: so gonna have to keep looking out the window cos i want it to stay outside as long as poss!

going to vets at 8.30 this mornin..........my littlest baby, Dylan, is being neutered :o he's done the bizz with Ruby, and i'm hoping she's expecting, but now they've got to come off!! i'm hoping it'll calm him down a bit cos he's always so hyper!!

then i'm straight off to Mr A's to buy the food for DD's 18th party....it's tomorrow night. thank God for mums :D mine's been wonderful :A.........she's given me the money to pay for the party and the food, and she's even bought her a cake. there's no way i could have given her a party without mum's help :T

then i'm hoping to cadge a lift to pick up a hoop and stand off freecycle for my x-stitching, so it's a busy day today!! Wanna try and get some cakes baked as well, as i probably won't have time to do them tomorrow in time for the party..........hoping i can find some of the cheap cake decs you've all been talking about....that's if you lot haven't bought 'em all :rotfl:

right, am off for a shower, hope everyone has a good day xx (((hugs))) to those that want/need one!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Tesco Clubcard rule tweaks

Be careful when converting points to Cineworld

MSE News

£148 of Ciaté nail polish for £35

Via its Advent calendar (norm £59 delivered)

MSE Deals