3.1K replies 305.6K views

Replies

• Mrs_Money_PennyMrs_Money_Penny Forumite
    942 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Everyone

Sorry to hear your news MERFE

Went to Mr A tonight spend £24.54. Just toped up with F&V didn't get any supercook baking things as they were all gone. Did manage to get the Hovis bread mix at 32p so took the last 4 on the shelf. They will be used this month. Spend £3.20 on pop corn at the cinema. Used to take my own but one child likes the salt pop corn. Haven't seen it in the super markets can you buy it?
    Have a good evening everyone.
    £44752.79/savings £40892.30
  • Herbaholic-I always consider whether I actually need the whoopsie. Sometimes whilst I'm doing this its whipped away by someone but I don't like waste.
    Leopardlady-Glad you're knees are a bit better.
    SFT
    :cool: Frugal Living 2010 member MFW by 2014 Was 88,000 now £46,877.90 Grocery Budget for Dec-April=£173.72/£244 (Groc Budget 2010 from Ebay/Voucher savings/Quidco -If we can do it will save our £980 GC budget) Now living the dream -in our tiny country cottage-all thanks to MS forums. x 39 2 go
    Stockpile Savings: £89.72 Voucher savings £8
  • Becky_2Becky_2 Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all!

I haven't been part of this challenge for the last few months but I have noticed that I am spending less on food after moving house and for the first starting to shop in Tesco. I hope to join the challenge again in August.

Good luck to everyone who is part of July's challenge.

Becky
    No toiletries challenge, started 18/1/2010 - Putting £1 in my savings jar for every item that I use up. Pot 1 to 4 = £261. Pot 5=£23
    Boots points:£39.21. Extra money in 2012:£674.59. In 2013 £603.48. 2014: £85. 2015: £0 :j
  • Flylady_FlowerFlylady_Flower Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    :grouphug:MERFE So sorry to hear your news, I hope you and your OH are OK...:grouphug:

Always_skint - I tend to include everything in my GC - groceries, personal stuff, clothing, etc, mainly because I don't want to go through my receipt to see what I've spent on what and have to split it up (although they are a lot shorter now than they used to be so would be much easier to do! :D ). I have seperate budget for fuel and one for going out (ha, not much in that one! :( ) and the rest is for bills. any spare after this goes into two different pots - a) savings (again, ha! :() or b) paying off debts (thats more likely!) :rotfl:

Fertyskids - Sounds like the cottage pie went well, it seems you're cooking is coming on leaps & bounds now - knew you could do it! :T :T :T

Had to spend £30 on DS's glasses today (not from GC, from savings, see told you we didn't have any!) and specsavers changed mine over too as I didn't like my new frames - they were really good about it, no charge or anything and it wasn't their fault... Didn't spend anything and we had to look around the town for nearly an hour while we waited, I was really pleased with myself until I had to come out of the car park and it cost me £1!, god, I HATE paying for parking :mad: , so after 3 NSD's I have to add £1 to the pot! :mad:
    LBM April 2013 - £29,000.00
    Vanquis CC's PAID - Debenhams SC PAID - A+L OD PAID - Asda CC £783.75
    Barclaycard CC £1400.78 - BoS CC PAID - Freemans Cat PAID
    F/D Loan & CC £1458.96 - Santander Loan PAID - Mum Loan PAID
    RBS OD PAID - F/D OD £1026.52
    Weekly Grocery Challenge - £95.00 budget / spend £-
  • Love and hugs to you and yours Merfe x

Hiya all

NSD today, saved by the rain haha.

Also had a free diner today : Lovely stuffed lamb given by DP as he had too much to eat, Carrots/swede given by mr&mrs's daughter, Jersey royal pots brought back by my mum (she loves jersey whooohoo)She sent mrs and me flowers from there too:j so a lovely meal much enjoyed and free, perhaps this could be a new challenge to me, How many free meals can I get in a month:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

All this talk of muffins is making me put on weight just thinking about them:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
    lost 3stin 4mnths GC nov£90/£51.65 July£100/£97.67 Aug£90/£18.59
    LBM Nov05 Loan £4910.65 Paid April07 sealed pot challenge#256
    Nov06 CC £2,590.56 Paid aug07 + Savings07/08 Night Owl 22#
    Mortgage £87,000/£84,000/ £82,261.00/£81,785.30 £80,268/£75402.00/£71229.15 DFW NERD 987 Long Haul member 125 debt free 24th aug 07
  • KAAT_LADYKAAT_LADY Forumite
    4.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    good evening all

just updated signature and am off to bed now so see you tomorrow

take care
    mortgage free as of 06/02/2008#
    berthas buddies No 5
    murphys no more pies club member ,No 242..
    .,night owl 25

• busy_mum_4busy_mum_4 Forumite
    110 Posts
    Really glad to see you up here Nicki:D

Just got an email from Mr S, he is doing BOGOF on 500g skinless chicken breasts. HTH someone, guess where i'm going tomorrow?

Thanks for that I need chicken this week, good price. I will be visiting Mr S 2moro too:j
    :hello: JULY G/C £50 WEEK

WEEK 1 = £69.50 :eek:

WEEK 2 = £60.83:eek:
    Week 3 :mad: £72.05 :mad:
  • perrywinkleperrywinkle Forumite
    224 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    You're in my thoughts Merfe

Just updating signature - another sunny day today - three in a row - this could be our Summer! - all due to change tomorrow but will wait and see as they've got the forecast wrong so far this week.
  • Flylady_FlowerFlylady_Flower Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    another sunny day today - three in a row - this could be our Summer! - all due to change tomorrow but will wait and see as they've got the forecast wrong so far this week.

Ooooh, I'm moving to where you live - we've had rain for 3 days now - and today I don't think it's stopped once! :mad:

EDIT: Oh, sorry, I seem to have my angry head on today (sound like aunt sally!) - I've used the angry smiley about 5 times today.... sorry, better mood tomorrow, think the rain has got in and made me rusty today....:rotfl:
    LBM April 2013 - £29,000.00
    Vanquis CC's PAID - Debenhams SC PAID - A+L OD PAID - Asda CC £783.75
    Barclaycard CC £1400.78 - BoS CC PAID - Freemans Cat PAID
    F/D Loan & CC £1458.96 - Santander Loan PAID - Mum Loan PAID
    RBS OD PAID - F/D OD £1026.52
    Weekly Grocery Challenge - £95.00 budget / spend £-
  • perrywinkleperrywinkle Forumite
    224 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Ooooh, I'm moving to where you live - we've had rain for 3 days now - and today I don't think it's stopped once! :mad:

EDIT: Oh, sorry, I seem to have my angry head on today (sound like aunt sally!) - I've used the angry smiley about 5 times today.... sorry, better mood tomorrow, think the rain has got in and made me rusty today....

Hi Denise,

this isn't our normal weather - unfortunately - after all I'm in north east Scotland which isn't known for its sunny weather - think on the whole you're better off where you are!

Tomorrow can only be better!
    Perrywinkle
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Lloyds Bank wrongly declares customer dead

Account was closed due to a misreading

MSE News

Cheap home insurance

Grab 100+ buildings insurance quotes & cashback

MSE Guides

£12 for 1L Baileys

Available at Tesco, Morrisons & Asda