edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
3.1K replies 305.5K views

Replies

• OrkneyStarOrkneyStar Forumite
    6.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    :D:T.....still not gone to Tesco's :T:D

Thanks to those who have encouraged me on the right path of Tesco avoidance today!

(please accept my apologies in advance, there may be a post like this every few hours.......WILL NOT GO TO THE NEW TESCOS UNTIL I NEED STUFF LATER IN THE WEEK!!!!!)
    Does anyone have a quick gingerbread recipe ? or something similar that I could make ? After the success of twinks and weetabix cake I think I might make something else today and DH said he fancied some gingerbread.
    ta in advance.
    :heartpuls :heartpuls :heartpuls
  • belfastgirl23belfastgirl23 Forumite
    8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm well back on track. Just £1.29 spent this weekend :)

And hopefully have enough f&v in to last till next weekend. I'm having a bit of a use-up week this week too - I over ordered on the bogofs when I got my big tesco shop so it's now time to repent...and the huge going over budget last month has also helped.

Hope everyone else is doing okay...

• susan946susan946 Forumite
    474 Posts
    hev wrote: »
    Okay, summary of the challenge for me so far...

I haven't stuck to my meal plan on one single day! Not once! And this week's is already out because my meal plans start on a Saturday (for shopping reasons) and OH couldn't face much except a fish finger sandwich on Sat and on Sunday instead of a roast we had rataouille because the veggies needed using up, because they hadn't been used up earlier in the week because, well, flippin heck.

So, today we should have Sunday's roast and the whole meal plan moves along one until Thursday which means I'll skip the stir fry because I didn't get the veggies I needed at the weekend because I felt like death on Saturday.

:rolleyes:

Wow, hev, never a dull moment!!!

A meal plan is just a plan - not a straightjacket. You seem to be doing just fine to me...planning but adapting as you go along. Give yourself a pat on the back for being so flexible and for not completely falling off the wagon.

Wet and miserable day here, too. We are going to France tomorrow so shall be fighting my way round their supermarkets for the next couple of weeks. They have had horrendous food price rises as well so shall still need to be very careful.

Will try to keep up with all the posts while I'm away but the net is very slow over where we're going - none of this new-fangled broadband!!!!

Hope those who haven't been feeling well are getting better and hope everyone has a good day.
  • busy_mum_4busy_mum_4 Forumite
    110 Posts
    zoe260373 wrote: »
    i know what you mean,i cant (not yet anyway) downgrade fabric softener either,luurve the smell:o but,like you i am using a little less,however,ive been adding vinegar to the rinse too,and i have to say its amazing,the smell doesnt last and it makes everything very,very soft.as my LO is only 4 and 1/2 months his cot sheets havent been used/washed as much as the crib ones so were pretty new almost stiff to the touch but the vinegar has made them soft and fluffy,its great,hope this helps.x

Do you use the vinegar on it's own or add to fab conditioner?
    Sorry if this is a silly question.:j
    :hello: JULY G/C £50 WEEK

WEEK 1 = £69.50 :eek:

WEEK 2 = £60.83:eek:
    Week 3 :mad: £72.05 :mad:
  • Seem to be on track here, went a bit mad in tesco after 5 nsd's but the £71 I spent included 3 lots of alcohol which bumped it up, but shouldn't happen again this month.

Have finished with my OH recently but he is still in the house, trying to find somewhere else to go, so is a bit odd at home , but ok. Trying to stay on track with the OS cooking etc, even though I dont really feel like it and take outs are beckoning. Not really done any baking but I think that will pick up once he's gone. DS demolishes anything homemade. DS is away today and tomorrow so thats one less mouth to feed anyway!! Have updated my sig.
    Eat food, not edible food-like items. Mostly plants.
  • roxy7699roxy7699 Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    OrkneyStar wrote: »
    :D:T.....still not gone to Tesco's :T:D

Does anyone have a quick gingerbread recipe ? or something similar that I could make ? After the success of twinks and weetabix cake I think I might make something else today and DH said he fancied some gingerbread.
    ta in advance.

Dont have a recipe, but have a back up plan incase you dont have all you need for them - you dont want to have to go to evil Tesco's now do you, well, not until later on in the week.
  • BigMummaFBigMummaF Forumite
    4.3K Posts
    Whoops! I've already lost track of various spends...not because of the volume but the fact there have been a lot less:j & I keep forgetting to update my sig:doh: So forgive me if I guess at £30 for last week's totals & put that in my sig.

A lot of peeps seem to have this awful summer flu; two of the offspring are currently suffering & I'm sure the third would have succumbed if the hayfever wasn't already blocking the usual avenues:p Plus Pup has his very own version too, with another nasty Kennel Cough that is doing the rounds. I was more concerned that he wasn't drinking but the Vet said because we give him HM food with lots of veg, rice & stuff, he gets plenty of liquid from that....plus a good boost to his immune system, or he could have been a lot worse:o

SashaNut, have you tried rubbing a graphite pencil up & down the zip? It works on metal ones :rolleyes: & I think it's spray furniture polish for nylon---like the stuff you put on plastic curtain rails to help them glide .....

Welcome Newbies! Looking forward to your tips on saving money so get those fingers tapping:D
    Full time Carer for Mum; harassed mother of three;
    loving & loved by two 4-legged babies.

• busy_mum_4busy_mum_4 Forumite
    110 Posts
    This is my first ever week on GC and i have over spent by £19.50.:rolleyes:
    £10 of which was bulk buying for the future weeks/months as bought 10 bottles of fairy liquid reduced to 50p a bottle, and £5 on spreadable butter from tesco yesterday which is now in freezer, so not bad really. :D
    Also I got alot of reduced ready meals for those emergency nights when nothing has been defrosted. Will try harder next week;)

Total spend this week £69.50
    :hello: JULY G/C £50 WEEK

WEEK 1 = £69.50 :eek:

WEEK 2 = £60.83:eek:
    Week 3 :mad: £72.05 :mad:
  • Seem to be on track here, went a bit mad in tesco after 5 nsd's but the £71 I spent included 3 lots of alcohol which bumped it up, but shouldn't happen again this month.

Have finished with my OH recently but he is still in the house, trying to find somewhere else to go, so is a bit odd at home , but ok. Trying to stay on track with the OS cooking etc, even though I dont really feel like it and take outs are beckoning. Not really done any baking but I think that will pick up once he's gone. DS demolishes anything homemade. DS is away today and tomorrow so thats one less mouth to feed anyway!! Have updated my sig.

Keep your chin up girl, bin there and done that, things can only get better although it might not seem like it at the moment, Hugs and cuddles are sent to you x
    lost 3stin 4mnths GC nov£90/£51.65 July£100/£97.67 Aug£90/£18.59
    LBM Nov05 Loan £4910.65 Paid April07 sealed pot challenge#256
    Nov06 CC £2,590.56 Paid aug07 + Savings07/08 Night Owl 22#
    Mortgage £87,000/£84,000/ £82,261.00/£81,785.30 £80,268/£75402.00/£71229.15 DFW NERD 987 Long Haul member 125 debt free 24th aug 07
  • LeopardladyLeopardlady Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Well i am feeling a little down, having had a operation on both my knees on friday afternoon, but it has meant i have not spent anything since the start of July! :)

My oh did go and buy fish and chips for us both on thursday night, so that is the £5.60 spend this month.
    I don't think we need much this week, in fact cant think of anything just yet, oh except the chocolate and coke i would love to have today to help me feel better.

But oh well i will have to make do with a small slice of chocolate cake my mother brought over on saturday.

Keep smiling everyone you are all doing so well and helping me stay on track.
    Thanks
    Leopardlady
    Got married on the 26th April 08!!!!!!!:j:T

Bumpy Bean was due 20th Nov 2010, born 15th Nov :j:j:T
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Card providers to reserve up to £100

When you pay at supermarket fuel pumps

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides