Replies

• KAAT_LADYKAAT_LADY Forumite
    4.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    thanks to orkneystar my photos should be okay now
    mortgage free as of 06/02/2008#
    berthas buddies No 5
    murphys no more pies club member ,No 242..
    .,night owl 25

• Flylady_FlowerFlylady_Flower Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    dink1 wrote: »
    Hi GUys,

Feelin under weather today, MIL coming this morning and she is always so critical. I keep saying I dont care but I guess I do. I tripped this morning and looks like I've given myself a blackeye and then its pouring with rain so I cant even excape from MIL with a walk!!!!!

Oh well hope every one is ok, HUGS TO LE FOOT pleased you are a little better.

DInk1

Hi Dink,
    hope you're eye gets better soon, although you could wind your MIL up and say OH gave it to you, and he often does it because you don't match up to her standards then just sit back and wait for the reaction :rotfl:
    Or you could imagine her sitting i a big batch of cake mix with an apple in her mouth ready to be popped into the oven - then you can just feed her HM twinks and tea all afternoon to fatten her up specially :rotfl:
    I get on with my MIL now, but took me 28 years! she never actually said anything to me that I could react to, IYKWIM, it just made me feel small and insignificant and useless - I don't bother any more and know that we are happy in our home whether she's there or not and I just grin & bear it now, although she's always nice to me now.
    Have you spoken to your OH about how you feel? could he perhaps have a word with her or would that make things worse?
    Anyway, just remember, she'll be gone tomorrow so enjoy the rest of your weekend. x
    LBM April 2013 - £29,000.00
    Vanquis CC's PAID - Debenhams SC PAID - A+L OD PAID - Asda CC £783.75
    Barclaycard CC £1400.78 - BoS CC PAID - Freemans Cat PAID
    F/D Loan & CC £1458.96 - Santander Loan PAID - Mum Loan PAID
    RBS OD PAID - F/D OD £1026.52
    Weekly Grocery Challenge - £95.00 budget / spend £-
  • carolt2carolt2 Forumite
    852 Posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭
    Evening everyone,

Not been to supermarket for a good 6 days but went last night.:rolleyes:
    Been really busy at work and at home too.

Popped to mr t late last night to kill some time before i picked OH up from work.

Total spend £15.32

Managed to get some reduced double cream which has now been turned into butter.
    OH cant wait to try it:D

Signature updated.
    'Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle'
    2.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    sjaypink wrote: »
    i cant do that, dont have the will power!

example; made my first ever quiche last week. huge it was, mse style, plan was i could have a little slice for lunch, then it would be nice for tea with potatoes and salad, then hopefully enough left over for lunchboxes the next day.
    so anyway i made this quiche at about 10am............... i had eaten ALL of it by 4pm :o i felt sick.

this is my fear of making my own bread and batch cooking! I WILL EAT IT ALL! :o:D

any tips on willpower?!

Hehe, I do things like that - best tip I can offer is get it into the freezer ASAP!
  • poppyoscar_3poppyoscar_3 Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Can you meal plan until the end of July?

If you can and you can do it on non perishable stuff, I would use the voucher and just keep the remaining budget for the essential fresh stuff between now and the end of the month.

PO xx
    :D2010 MFW Challenge No. 112 Mortgage paid in full 27/08/10 I was MF!!!:D
    But now I'm not - (Joint) Mortgage £104704.
    New MFW target £5000 overpayments by 31/12/2105 £400/£5000 = 8%
    SAVINGS TARGET - £25000 by 31/12/2015 £13643/£25000 = 55%
    No 17 Lewis Lane
  • KAAT_LADYKAAT_LADY Forumite
    4.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    KAAT_LADY wrote: »
    Afternoon everybody

I would like some help with my cookery ,, I have just harvested two patisson squashes like these :-

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm128/KAAT_LADY/garden/Image050.jpg

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm128/KAAT_LADY/garden/Image051.jpg

Also in the picture is my sesame loaf that is not that big now ,,

I would like to know how to cook them if anyone has any advice

Please does anyone have any ideas:confused::confused:
    mortgage free as of 06/02/2008#
    berthas buddies No 5
    murphys no more pies club member ,No 242..
    .,night owl 25

• annelouise_2annelouise_2 Forumite
    360 Posts
    kaat_lady

I would google squash recipes,I have a pea and squash one easy as wink.

What about soup with carrot,onion,squash,leek,potato,pepper,chicken stock,s&p,dash of milk or cream,bung in herbs.Slow cooker or boil then simmer,good to freeze.Any combo of veggies.

annelouise
    Be who you are and say what you think because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind....Dr Seuss
  • hi everyone - denisefowler your text made me laugh lots!!

have been to do my shop for week today - will tot up totals later and change sig.

Also went to town - its amazing how my new 'house keeping' budget (which i have a separate one for food etc and for other stuff) really made me think about my spending more than i ever have.

I did buy some half price toys from elc which i will put back for christmas or present box for parties. I paid £14 for over £30 worth of toys.

Just eaten kedgeree with some smoked haddock on the reduced fresh fish counter - should have been £6 and was just under £3 - is that a whoopsied?!!
    Was lots in it when i took it out hte freezer so will be fish cakes tomorrow as well with some reduced coley in the freezer too.

Was walking home with a friend from school yesterday and we were talking about budgets and supermarkets. When i said i was hoping to do £300 for the month (2 adults dds 5 and dds 3) she said '"I'd like to see you try and do it on that!!" Well i will now that's for sure!

A questions about Twinks hobnobs - i don't have bicarb can i sue baking powder - i really want to make them?

thanks all
  • angelnikkiangelnikki Forumite
    892 Posts
    A questions about Twinks hobnobs - i don't have bicarb can i sue baking powder - i really want to make them?

You can miss out the bicarb - some people have said they have forgotten to add it and it didn't really make a difference. ;) HTH

Nikki
    x
    :A
    2.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    KAAT_LADY wrote: »
    thanks to orkneystar my photos should be okay now

Hi Kaat_Lady - sorry, still can't see photo's - maybe you can re-post the links?
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Avro Energy and Green cease trading

What it means for your gas & electrity

MSE News

Energy mythbusting