June 2008 Grocery Challenge

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
2.9K replies 211.1K views

Replies

• Pixie983 wrote: »
    Thanks lil_me - the cats eat 2 pouches a day each and then some dried food at night. I am going post a new thread anyway as not sure if I should have put it on here!! ;)
    2 pouches cost approx the price of one 400g can.
    I refrigerate mine to keep it fresh-well wrapped and lidded.
    pouches are expensive so you could cut down the catfood bill by 50% immediately.
    Annual Grocery budget 2018 is £1500 pa £125 calendar month £28.84 pw for 3 adults
  • July Grocery Challenge target is:
    £280 angelnikki
    Annual Grocery budget 2018 is £1500 pa £125 calendar month £28.84 pw for 3 adults
  • Anglenikki
    Could I set July's budget at £200 for myself and OB.
    As always we'll put any savings towards our 2009 Adventure.
    Thanks for helping us all this month.
    Lets all send positive thoughts to Mrs M.. she should be on her way now.
    SFT
    :cool: Frugal Living 2010 member MFW by 2014 Was 88,000 now £46,877.90 Grocery Budget for Dec-April=£173.72/£244 (Groc Budget 2010 from Ebay/Voucher savings/Quidco -If we can do it will save our £980 GC budget) Now living the dream -in our tiny country cottage-all thanks to MS forums. x 39 2 go
    Stockpile Savings: £89.72 Voucher savings £8
  • mandy_moo_1mandy_moo_1 Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    mornin all :wave:

welcome all the newbies that are joining us.but be warned............this is very addictive!!

i just need some sugar and eggs today to keep up with all the baking i've been doing! just put the BM on for rolls to go in the freezer, and the washer's on with its 1st load of the day!! changing all the beds whilst its a half decent day for drying. if i'm lucky and the wind's good, i should be able to get away without ironing it ;)

well i'm still in the June challenge till Sunday, but if you're starting the list soon,

please will you put me down for £55 a week for July angelnikki

hope everyone has a good and thrifty day, i'm off to wake everyone up with the hoover now :D

• razrarazra Forumite
    336 Posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭
    Huge hugs MrsM, let me know if you need anything ((hugs))

Thanks to AngelNikki for taking over the challenge whilst MrsM is away:beer:

Welcome to all the newbies and ((hugs)) to anyone who needs them

Well this month has gone completely down the pan:o Im well over budget and looking back through my spends sheets it appears when ever I get I veg box I seem to go over budget by that amount:confused: (although this month its that amount plus a bit more:o)

So Im declaring June finished at £95.05:eek: which while over budget if I Take the years totals into account so far Im still under budget:rotfl:

As my cupboards and freezer are empty I need to do a huge stock up shop so Im raising my budget to
    £90 for july please. I have pretty much run out of everything so my first adsa shop is done and that is cming up at £60 ish but with bog offs and free delivery Im hoping it will come in just under £50 so I will update my siggie when I know

Good luck to everyone for next month:D
    June Grocery Challenge 270.80/250July Grocery Challenge 0/300
  • wendywitchwendywitch Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    angelnikki wrote: »
    wendywitch I think most people start their new month straight after their payday and include all grocery shopping after that HTH

Nikki
    x

Drat though I was going to be clever then. :o Oh well from today it is.
    Just have to work out how to do this signature thing now . . . .
  • Flylady_FlowerFlylady_Flower Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,
    Hope you are all well. AngelNikki, Please put me down for £260 again for July Not sure if I've already done it, but thought I'd let you know again just in case.
    My month not over until Friday, but although I shouldn't [strike]need[/strike] have to get anything until then, I don't want to jinx it by declaring now...

Cupboards are pretty empty now so I am going to do a big shop this week (probably scare the hell out of myself coz it won't be cheap! :eek: ) and then top up during each week to try to keep it that way - I'm hoping that if I can just replace what I am using, I should be able to stay on top, and then when we have a short week or something, I won't need to get anything? (Well, that's the theory :rolleyes: ).

These first few months are a bit of trial and error for me - trying to see what works best without loosing the plot. Hopefully, because new job starts Monday, I won't be tempted to buy when coming home from work any more! :o

NSD yesterday and hopefully today and tomorrow too (oh, I need to buy a hopper for the spider, but that's only 35p - lasts him about a month - cheapest pet we've ever had!)

Up at 5.15am this morning with hubby, so have cleared the kitchen, put dishwasher on, hung up washing from last night and put another one on ready for when I get home, so feeling quite chuffed - hope it's not worn me out and I can stay awake this afternoon - anyone else REALLY tired at the moment?
    LBM April 2013 - £29,000.00
    Vanquis CC's PAID - Debenhams SC PAID - A+L OD PAID - Asda CC £783.75
    Barclaycard CC £1400.78 - BoS CC PAID - Freemans Cat PAID
    F/D Loan & CC £1458.96 - Santander Loan PAID - Mum Loan PAID
    RBS OD PAID - F/D OD £1026.52
    Weekly Grocery Challenge - £95.00 budget / spend £-
  • ifonlyitwaseasierifonlyitwaseasier Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    :wave: morning all,

Angelnikki, thats a great idea!! :T

well had a lovely dinner last night, take out curry paid for by someone else!:rotfl: :rotfl: i ate far too much :o

planning to spend a little today, OH's ma & pa are down from about lunchtime and i know they want chinese for dinner, and that we're going shopping for her to get sthg wedding outfit-ish :D
    Nonny mouse and Proud!!
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience
    !!
    Debtfightingdivaextraordinaire!!!!
    Amor et metus. Lac? Sugar? Quisque massa vel duo? (stolen from a lovely forumite!)

• patentgirlpatentgirl Forumite
    974 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭
    Morning everyone
    Mrs Mc my thoughts are with you and your family
    A big thanks to AngelNikki for taking over while Mrs Mc is away and welcome all newbies
    did some baking last night for packed lunches some fairy cakes, cheese scones, weetabix brownies and a big pot of soup, cooked two chickens so feeing quite virtous this morning!!! I am sure it wont last hoping for a NSD but realsied forgottoen to put teabags on Mr Ts delievery yesterday cant do without my cup of tea but must resist eveything else while buying them!

good luck everyone for Julyxx
    Frugal challenge 2021
    Yearly food challenge 2021 £3200 spent £434.50
  • Flylady_FlowerFlylady_Flower Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    patentgirl wrote: »
    Morning everyone
    Mrs Mc my thoughts are with you and your family
    A big thanks to AngelNikki for taking over while Mrs Mc is away and welcome all newbies
    did some baking last night for packed lunches some fairy cakes, cheese scones, weetabix brownies and a big pot of soup, cooked two chickens so feeing quite virtous this morning!!! I am sure it wont last hoping for a NSD but realsied forgottoen to put teabags on Mr Ts delievery yesterday cant do without my cup of tea but must resist eveything else while buying them!

good luck everyone for Julyxx

Oooh, Weetabix brownies.... is that the same as the weetabix cake?? recipe if not please :D:D:D

I tend to pop into our local pound shop if I only want teabags or something - stops me looking around for anything else as our cheap shop is a bit of a mish-mash so you tend not to linger. Our Tesco on the other hand always has such tempting offers (I shall not spend, I shall not spend!!! :A )
    LBM April 2013 - £29,000.00
    Vanquis CC's PAID - Debenhams SC PAID - A+L OD PAID - Asda CC £783.75
    Barclaycard CC £1400.78 - BoS CC PAID - Freemans Cat PAID
    F/D Loan & CC £1458.96 - Santander Loan PAID - Mum Loan PAID
    RBS OD PAID - F/D OD £1026.52
    Weekly Grocery Challenge - £95.00 budget / spend £-
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Lloyds Bank wrongly declares customer dead

Account was closed due to a misreading

MSE News

Cheap home insurance