in Old Style MoneySaving
2.9K replies 211.3K views

Replies

• greentgreent Forumite
    10K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mrs M - thoughts are with you - big ((hugs)) coming your way

Angelnikki - thanks for stepping in. Please put me down for £500 for July (eek!)

I can't update my signature atm (keeps saying page not available) but I'm at £514.37, so under budget - but am getting withdrawal symptoms from having not stepped in a supermarket since Sat! Feel I may need to pop into Mr T on Thurs and check out the offers - the lurpak or whatever spreadable it was at £1 sounds good :D And milk, and eggs, and I need cheese (well, sort of) And f&v - but I should still be under budget. I'm going to start July on Sat, as I started June on a Sat, so that's sort of logical:rotfl:

Welcome newbies (not that I'm an oldie at this lark!)

Hugs to all - everyone can benefit from a hug;)

Have a good rest of week - I may feel the need to go to Debenhams this week and buy the Jamie Oliver loaf tin (well, it *is* reduced!):rotfl: :rotfl:

GT
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2021 £426.84/ £500 Decluttering 2021: 1100/1250
  • cookinmummycookinmummy Forumite
    4.2K Posts
    mummygems wrote: »
    Next thing is to try and make my own cake in the shape of a no. 2 AND ice it :eek:

For my DD1's 3rd birthday this year she wanted a number 3 cake that looked like the number 3 out of the Numberjacks (for those of you familiar with rubbish childrens tv - lol). The colour, the face, etc easy - but icing the number was a huge pain in the you know what! :D

Good luck mummygems!
  • jediteacherjediteacher Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Hi :wave:,

I've read this month's challenge with avid fascination and have even tried a bit of the challenge myself.

However, this month I would like to officially join you all and say that I would like to stay within the limits of £250.

I have tried meal planning and am trying to cook more - I'm a rubbish cook with a very limited knowledge of the kitchen and struggle with recipes. But will try and be more adventurous and save money as we're really struggling to make ends meet.

Mrs M my prayers and thoughts are with you. Big hug.
    'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.' :cool:
    Proud Mummy to two gorgeous miracles.:j
  • tq16tq16 Forumite
    233 Posts
    Big smiles from me, first month under budget, did last shop today :-) and have a whole 11p left!!!!
    MrsMC can you put me down for £150 again for July please
    (Family of 5: 2 adults & 3 children aged 7yrs, 4yrs, and 18months)
  • Kaz2904Kaz2904 Forumite
    5.8K Posts
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Don't worry jediteacher- I'm no whizz in the kitchen. I'm getting better but my family will attest to the fact that they've had some dodgy meals.
    I laughed at denisefowlers post earlier- my family have been subjected to some horrors!
    Have an awful sore face atm, DD headbutted me yesterday and cracked my nose again. Really hurt and I did shout at her.
    Anyhoo, off to watch big brother (how sad am I?)
    Debt: 16/04/2007:TOTAL DEBT [strike]£92727.75[/strike] £49395.47:eek: :eek: :eek: £43332.28 repaid 100.77% of £43000 target.
    MFiT T2: Debt [STRIKE]£52856.59[/STRIKE] £6316.14 £46540.45 repaid 101.17% of £46000 target.
    2013 Target: completely clear my [STRIKE]£6316.14[/STRIKE] £0 mortgage debt. £6316.14 100% repaid.
  • FrugaldomFrugaldom Forumite
    6.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sending my best wishes to MrsMC and family, take care and don't forget to look after yourself, as well.

AngelNikki, I'll be in for July with £40 budget but can't declare this month's total until the 30th, as I do first until last day of each month.

Meals will become more 'interesting' as the second half of 2008 progresses, that's for sure! I need to study the Weezl techniques a bit more but I suspect we'll be eating a great deal more served with wholemeal 'flat bread' as it tasted so good. (MrsMC's tortilla recipe made with wholemeal flour and mixed herbs plus I use powdered milk - roll the dough thin and dry cook it in a hot frying pan for a minute or 2 each side - just in case anyone was wondering. :))
    I reserve the right NOT to spend:
    The less I spend, the more I can afford!
  • zoe260373zoe260373 Forumite
    868 Posts
    hi jediteacher,im no domestic godess but i reckon you just try and enjoy it not worry too much or else it all goes wrong,bit like getting a zit before a big night out,:rotfl: ifyswim?! ive only just just joined and am amazed at some of the thrify ideas on here,just wish i had more time to read through and take notes,anyway good luck with the cooking and try not to worry.x
    family is me,oh,16yDS,10DD,9DS&17month old DS,2dogs,3cats,4bunnies,5 ex battery hens&5fish.GC challenge-/£300:pspends already this month-animal food-£28,mr T shop-£119.plus local shop spends total spent £257,:j
    868 Posts
    hi all,could anyone tell me the easiest way to get access to all the great recipes you all post please? many of you make refences to various ones but i havent a clue where/or how to look for them:confused:
    thanks,zoe.x
    family is me,oh,16yDS,10DD,9DS&17month old DS,2dogs,3cats,4bunnies,5 ex battery hens&5fish.GC challenge-/£300:pspends already this month-animal food-£28,mr T shop-£119.plus local shop spends total spent £257,:j
  • angelnikkiangelnikki Forumite
    892 Posts
    Hi Zoe :hello:

If you look at the top of the page under where the page numbers are there is a search this thread facility you can use to search for recipes. For the next month's Grocery Challenge I will be setting up a Recipe Index linking to all the recipes, which I will hopefully get on the first page to make it easier for everyone to find the great recipes that we get on this thread. HTH

Nikki
    x
    :A
    868 Posts
    awww Nikki,your a star:A thank you sooo much,i want to copy and paste them to word so that i can print them and use them in everyday cooking(hard to do when you cant find them)thanks for your help,good luck with getting it all done! rather you than me,i struggle to find my way through a forum,:rotfl: thanks again,zoe.x
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

54 ways to ‘DIY it’

According to the MSE Forum

MSE Team Blog

£10 Christmas bonus

For benefits recipients

MSE News

Lidl '£10 off £40 spend' voucher

Via Metro or Daily Mail. Excludes NI

MSE Deals