June 2008 Grocery Challenge - Page 247

New Post Advanced Search

June 2008 Grocery Challenge

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
2.9K replies 209.8K views

Replies

• belfastgirl23belfastgirl23 Forumite
    8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh dear.

Well as I predicted I'm up on £200 at the minute, with another mini shop to go (hopefully no more than about £15). This on a budget of £150 which is already quite high for two of us. In my defence we had a couple of sets of unexpected overnight visitors, I've been away so much for work that I've not had time to do any planning at all, and we've hosted several euro 2008-related parties that involved feeding people.

The worst thing is that there has been a fair degree of comfort eating and shopping, all this travelling is hard on the waistline, the psyche and the wallet.

The plus stuff is that I've managed to not just let food go off and rot...and the cupboards are relatively full. So I'm hoping for a leaner July, though I'll do a proper inventory before I commit to it :)

Onwards and upwards.

• mrssnowy_2mrssnowy_2 Forumite
    403 posts
    PPI Party Pooper Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭
    MRSMC,thinking of you all.
    J
    You can't stay young for ever,but you can be immature for the rest of your life.
  • wendywitchwendywitch Forumite
    1.3K posts
    ✭✭✭
    SAV3R wrote: »
    Have made a batch of strawberry muffins, but they never seem as good as the first few batches I made. They don't peak but sort of go flat on top and spread to one side. When I remove them from the tray they have to balance against one another or they fall over. I have started to use a silicon tray instead of cases, does this make a difference or is it co-incidence?

Please could I have the recipe for your strawberry muffins? I've never actually made muffins and my girls went strawberry picking with the ex so I have loads to use up!! :D
  • Keeping_PositiveKeeping_Positive Forumite
    4.7K posts
    PPI Party Pooper
    ✭✭✭✭
    (((hugs))))Mrs M will be thinking of you and your sis.

Argos do a silcone tray set I believe much cheaper than MrTs.

Well didnt make it this month did the weekly shop yestersay as things were very low for kids lunches. I had a Sun coupon to use so was aiming for £30 spent £55 before £5 coupon :eek:. Was going to spilt the shop in two over June and July budget but not worth it Ill just try harder in July.

Declaring £298.58 for June :mad: and aiming for £250 again in July
    :j
    May 2013 new beginnings:j
  • mandy_moo_1mandy_moo_1 Forumite
    1.2K posts
    just caught up with all the posts

Mrs Mc (((hugs))) to you and yours. your sister is so lucky to have you, and i hope everything is ok when you get over here. i'll be thinking of you xx

SFT i'm so glad to hear you haven't given up your dream. it'll be something that you remember for the rest of your lives :D

well, i had an awful day yesterday.....my flippin BM broke, just as i'd put all the mix in the bread pan :mad: this is the 2nd one i've had in 6 months, so it was still under guarantee from Argos thank god! so i had to tip all the bl**dy stuff out of the bread pan, and run down to the shop with it...i was not a happy bunny!! anyway, new one is firmly back in my kitchen, i just hope this one will last!! the woman in the shop said i must be using it too often.....so what if i am? isn't that what it's for? :confused:

anyway, other than that disaster, i only bought milk, but it had gone up by 30p :eek: for 4 pints in my local shop!! i couldn't believe it!!

am off into town this morning.i need some sugar to keep up with all this baking, and some eggs, so hopefully that's all i'll spend ;)

hope everyone has a good day, and (((hugs))) to those that want/need one xx

• Oh dear.

Well as I predicted I'm up on £200 at the minute, with another mini shop to go (hopefully no more than about £15). This on a budget of £150 which is already quite high for two of us. In my defence we had a couple of sets of unexpected overnight visitors, I've been away so much for work that I've not had time to do any planning at all, and we've hosted several euro 2008-related parties that involved feeding people.

The worst thing is that there has been a fair degree of comfort eating and shopping, all this travelling is hard on the waistline, the psyche and the wallet.

The plus stuff is that I've managed to not just let food go off and rot...and the cupboards are relatively full. So I'm hoping for a leaner July, though I'll do a proper inventory before I commit to it :)

Onwards and upwards.

Don't be too hard on yourself, at least you know where the excess went, so you can improve next time - half the battle is knowing where it's gone eh! Good luck for July! :T
    LBM April 2013 - £29,000.00
    Vanquis CC's PAID - Debenhams SC PAID - A+L OD PAID - Asda CC £783.75
    Barclaycard CC £1400.78 - BoS CC PAID - Freemans Cat PAID
    F/D Loan & CC £1458.96 - Santander Loan PAID - Mum Loan PAID
    RBS OD PAID - F/D OD £1026.52
    Weekly Grocery Challenge - £95.00 budget / spend £-
  • *BigBird**BigBird* Forumite
    1K posts
    Hugs to you MrsM will keep my fingers crossed that everything works out OK.

Feeling a little down today as should have been jetting off to Tenerife this afternoon, but had to cancel on the advice of my doctor :( But I have some brown bananas, so I'm going to make a banana cake later to cheer myself up:D Still taking my 2 weeks off work tho and got my Mum coming down in a couple of days. Just have to keep telling myself that there's no need to go away on holiday when you live somewhere where other people come on their holidays IYSWIM. Plus the insurance should pay out most of what we spent on the holdiay, and that can be put towards our wedding instead ;)

Had my second attempt at Twink's hobnobs at the weekend and they came out perfectly this time :j My Mum's going to be so impressed when she comes down and is greeted with homemade cake and biscuits! :o

OH and I spent the first day of our hols yesterday digging up a corner of the lawn where the grass won't grow properly, and covering it in slate chippings. Told OH it was to make a nice little BBQ area for him. But it also catches the sunlight nicely in the mornings so I'm planning on claiming it as a new home for my tomatoes ;)
    You can do anything, make anything, dream anything. If you change the world, the world will change.
  • morning all,

Hugs to all that need them and mugs of tea with accompanying hobnobs

should be a nsd today, haven't got the car so can't go anywhere, will be making a cake for my M-I-L later, the in laws are visiting us for her birthday so something suitably yummy is needed.

the chickpea and chorizo stew was scrummy last night, have the left overs for lunch today, am doing lunch swap with a friend at work so next week she's bringing stifade (sp?). and i know she's reading this so all i have to say is............

........ SORT OUT YOUR USER NAME!!!!! get signed up mrs W :)

ioiwe

x
    Nonny mouse and Proud!!
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience
    !!
    Debtfightingdivaextraordinaire!!!!
    Amor et metus. Lac? Sugar? Quisque massa vel duo? (stolen from a lovely forumite!)

• JustamumJustamum Forumite
    4.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thinking of you and your family MrsM. Hugs to you all.

• WelshWooferWelshWoofer Forumite
    5.1K posts
    Just a quickie to send a big CWCH to Mrs M and anyone else that needs one - for the heathen English amongst you its a big Welsh cuddle/hug - the kind that your Mam gives you when you fall over when you're little!:p

Take care everyone.

Oh and yesterday was a NSD and today should be one too.
    January grocery spending - £82.73/ £120