Superdrug Clearance Warehouse!

in Scotland
7 replies 1.5K views
'Just came across an ad in the Edinburgh Herald and Post that Superdrug have set-up a clearance warehouse within the old site that was Powerhouse, next door to Halfords at Craigentinny Road, Edinburgh.

There ad states that there's items from 50p. I live nearby, but can't make it in until Monday for a report. One important thing though - it's closed on Wednesdays.

Happy shopping!

Learn from the mistakes of others - you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

Replies

• soolinsoolin Forumite, Board Guide
    68.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    we've got one of these in East London, I found it last week and posted about it on the England board. If it's like our one then there are some bargains to be had, several Christmas novelties, lights, decorations , paper etc from around the £1 mark. They also have gift sets, I bought some new LUX sets that have a bath foam and body lotion, for £2.50.

They also had electrical items like mP3 players, but they weren't particularly cheap, and CD players from around the £10 mark.

Good hunting!

Soo
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
  • loadsacashloadsacash Forumite
    589 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    Thanks for that - I will ahve a wander down the next time I take a trip to Matalan. Is it open on Sundays?
    Treat everyday as your last one on earth! and one day you will be right.
  • Hi
    Just came back from the clearance centre, it is open Sundays 11-4. Was okay but the stuff isn't that great. Loads for girls between 8-12, lots of soft toys from 50p to £2.00. Lips lamps, colour changing lamps etc from £1.50 to £2. etc
    Just a warning before you go they do not take Maestro, Visa etc at the moment but they do accept cheques.
  • Thanks for that minmouse. Does it look as though it's a temporary set-up until Xmas?

Learn from the mistakes of others - you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.
  • RichyRichRichyRich Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    We have one in Bradford (Weaverthorpe Ind Est, Tong St) and it's been there over a year. No signs of closing down.

Rich
    #145 Save £12k in 2016 Challenge: £12,062.62/£12,000.00 Beginning Balance: £5,027.78 CHALLENGE MET
    #060 Save £12k in 2017 Challenge: £11,03.70/£12,000.00 Beginning Balance: £12,976.79 Shortfall: £996.30:eek:
    This is the secret message.
  • It does look it might only be a short term store as there are huge TO LET signs out side the store.
  • loadsacashloadsacash Forumite
    589 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    I went down there today - I bought loads of stuff. They had popcorn makers for £5.00 each. I am not sure about Superdug Electrical items though.

Teddy bears for £2.00 each and car cleaning sets for £1.50 each.

They are open until mid January.
    Treat everyday as your last one on earth! and one day you will be right.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Cyber Monday deals

Here’s what the Deals Team have spotted

MSE Deal

How to find cheap PCR tests

The rule change comes into force tomorrow

MSE Guide