Lloyds TSB bank charge reclaim process

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim Bank & Credit Card Charges
14 replies 1.2K views
2»

Replies

• Thanks LinziLou for the info! The bank charges I'm claiming back basically would pay off my Lloyds current account (which is overdrawn and get's £10 charge put on it every month and £15 interest!!), so I was thinking of writing to them and offering to use the reclaim cash to pay off and close my current a/c.

Has anyone succuessfully done this??
  • LinziLou_2LinziLou_2 Forumite
    66 Posts
    have u tried asking them to put you on a payment plan?? Like my overdraft was 250 but every months i went over with the charges and then so much a day interest? They put me in touch with collections who made an agreement with me to extend my overdraft to cover all the charges taking my new agreed over draft limit to 820 i think it was. They then asked me to pay in £95 + over draft interest which was about 9 pound at first a month and they would then reduce my over draft by this 95 pound a month. I have done this for 6 months and have just made my last payment which they are taking tommorow and them my overdraft will be back down to £250. I know its not a final result but it will stop you getting the charges each month from them??
    :DOnePoll: £11.80/£40.00, YouGov: £1.00/£50.00, Boots Card: £2.92, Nectar: 3000 points, Pigs Back: 880 points /1150,
    CASH BACK SITES: Greasy Palm: £3.47/ £25.00, Quidco : £29.01,Money Back Madness: £10.04/ £35.00
  • I have, the asked for the CCCS to send details of my finances, but Lloyds repeatedly 'lose' any communication so nothing changes. Lloyds have been nothing but awful for this kind of thing, doesn't help when call centre staff can't speak decent english!! My CCS plan is due for renewal this week so will try again!
  • LinziLou_2LinziLou_2 Forumite
    66 Posts
    Ahh i dont have a CCS not sure what one is...but i just rang them up when my account went to collections and refused to pay the charges. I understand what you mean about lloyds though i've had such a rough time with them and whilst i know its my fault when you feel like a sinking ship they seem to revel in making you sink even further. I opened another account with Halifax and am finally making my plans for my debt i.e ringing them up n freezing my accounts of interest and paying small amounts. It just makes me feel like im getting somewere and with lloyds ending this month that frees me up of 100 pound a month to put in other places.
    :DOnePoll: £11.80/£40.00, YouGov: £1.00/£50.00, Boots Card: £2.92, Nectar: 3000 points, Pigs Back: 880 points /1150,
    CASH BACK SITES: Greasy Palm: £3.47/ £25.00, Quidco : £29.01,Money Back Madness: £10.04/ £35.00
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides