Argos Frustration

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit Cards
6 replies 1.7K views
GracustGracust Forumite
44 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit Cards
Hi,

We are trying to carry out a balance transfer from our Argos store card to the Capital One card. Is there some hidden agenda with Argos because after about 6 attempts we have been informed that for some reason Argos are blocking this from happening. Yes we can pay it off with the Capital One card but we lose the promotion that runs until 2007 because it is not a balance transfer.
We tried to speak to someone with more authority at Argos to try and get it sorted but all to no avail. Is there some small print somewhere to prevent a balance transfer from Argos and should they be allowed to do this.

Can I take this to a higher authority somewhere else. Has anyone else suffered this way with the Argos store card

Thanks...Gracust

Replies

• grumblergrumbler Forumite
    54.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Couple of threads:

Argos card and saving interest
    Help me re: Argos Card

You'll find more if you search this board for argos ...
    We are born naked, wet and hungry...Then things get worse. :(

.withdrawal, NOT withdrawel ..bear with me, NOT bare with me
    .definitely, NOT definately ......separate, NOT seperate
    should have, NOT should of
    .....guaranteed, NOT guarenteed
  • Grumbler,

Thanks for the advice. I suppose the moral is not to ever get an ARGOS store card!

Regards...Gracust
  • moneyusermoneyuser Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Gracust wrote:
    Grumbler,

Thanks for the advice. I suppose the moral is not to ever get an ARGOS store card!

Regards...Gracust
    I had an argos card, it's useful for buy now pay later and interest free deals, which you can always take advantage of if you spend a certain amount.

However I closed mine as I have no plans to make any more big purchases. Luckily I found this website and found out about SBT so applied for the virgin card and cleared the argos card using SBT. Oh and now they want me to call their 0870 number to tell them why I closed it :)

All your options are covered by the links provided by the other poster. I would be interested to know what route you're going to take to clear the argos card?
  • Gracust wrote:
    Hi,

We are trying to carry out a balance transfer from our Argos store card to the Capital One card. Is there some hidden agenda with Argos because after about 6 attempts we have been informed that for some reason Argos are blocking this from happening. Yes we can pay it off with the Capital One card but we lose the promotion that runs until 2007 because it is not a balance transfer.
    We tried to speak to someone with more authority at Argos to try and get it sorted but all to no avail. Is there some small print somewhere to prevent a balance transfer from Argos and should they be allowed to do this.

Can I take this to a higher authority somewhere else. Has anyone else suffered this way with the Argos store card

Thanks...Gracust
    Cant capital one pay funds into your current account and then transfer to Argos? Virgin have done that for me before, paid money into my current account then i did what i liked with it
    :wave:
  • I also had a similar problem, i applied for a halifax card and did not realise that i was unable to transfer a balance from Argos, in the end i had to transfer the balence to my partners egg card then transfer it off again. Easy to do however this was a while ago before balence transfer fees came in. It would cost you a fortune to do nowadays!
  • moneyusermoneyuser Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    T.K.Maxx wrote:
    Cant capital one pay funds into your current account and then transfer to Argos? Virgin have done that for me before, paid money into my current account then i did what i liked with it
    That's because virgin allows you to transfer funds to your current account, a pretty unique feature amongst credit cards (called a SBT card on these forums) whereas other cards, such as C1 do not. Egg let you do SBT's as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Covid test firms form self-regulating body

A bid to tackle poor service concerns

MSE News

Cheap home insurance

Grab 100+ quotes & cashback

MSE Guides