Washer Dryers - Give them a miss?

2»

Replies

• It's funny, I've read only two bits of feedback about the place saying not to put a condenser in the cupboard, and the rest saying they've had no problems! I wonder if it's something to do with general ventilation?
  • floydfloyd Forumite
    2.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    sleepymy wrote: »
    We don't have much room either so I'm thinking of getting this which apparently can be wall mounted.

We have that dryer (haven't got round to wall mounting it yet though) and it is brilliant, decent load size and quick drying times.
  • kwattkwatt Forumite
    711 Posts
    It's funny, I've read only two bits of feedback about the place saying not to put a condenser in the cupboard, and the rest saying they've had no problems! I wonder if it's something to do with general ventilation?

Yes, that is exactly the issue.

Even although a condenser dryer does not need a vent it still needs a decent airflow, the cold air has to be drawn in and hot air expelled. You can encounter problems with any condenser dryer in small poorly ventilated rooms.

I'd avoid washer dryers if it is at all possible. ;)

HTH

K.
    "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. Its what you know for sure that just ain't so." Mark Twain
  • kwatt wrote: »
    Yes, that is exactly the issue.

Even although a condenser dryer does not need a vent it still needs a decent airflow, the cold air has to be drawn in and hot air expelled. You can encounter problems with any condenser dryer in small poorly ventilated rooms.

I'd avoid washer dryers if it is at all possible. ;)

HTH

K.

If I leave the door open while it's running and install a vent in the wall where the cupboard meets the kitchen do you think this would allow enough airflow? The cupboard is quite large anyway.

Ta!
  • kwattkwatt Forumite
    711 Posts
    Yes, it probably will be enough. They just have to be able to "breath" in order to work.

K.
    "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. Its what you know for sure that just ain't so." Mark Twain
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Stoozing, sublets & summer sips

This week's MSE Forum highlights

MSE News

Martin Lewis quizzes Rishi Sunak

Watch the cost of living support Q&A here

Join the MSE Forum discussion

48 craft beers for £50 delivered

One-off bundle for newbies. Excludes Northern Ireland

MSE Deals