Bratislava Slovakia

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning
5 replies 596 views
globaldsglobalds
9.4K Posts
I've seen some really cheap return flights to Bratislava in Slovakia .They stay is for about a week .
Has any body been here and what kind of things are there to do .
It would be me and the misses and 2 kids aged 15 and 13 .
Secondly what are prices .....Hotels ,food ,transport .
The wife has never been to Europe ,She is Japanese ,
I am not a big one for sightseeing,but a bit of culture would probably do me good .
Really I'm thinking is there any where near by that would let me sit by a pool for at least a couple of the days ..I will be in need of a re-charge by the time this flight is available .
Thanks in advance
GlobalDS
EDIT**
The flight would be mid August

Replies

• odowdchrodowdchr Forumite
    800 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    The old town is very nice....there's not much there for kids and a few days is enough.
    Transport from the airport is easy in a taxi.
    Food very cheap.
    Vienna is only an hour away....you might want to go there sightseeing and stay in Bratislava because it's much cheaper.
    Not many hotels have pools, but it will probably be very hot.
  • Voyager2002Voyager2002 Forumite
    14.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most people who fly to Bratislava do so as a cheap way of getting to Vienna. Anyway, check whether a visa is needed.
  • Thanks very much ,
    Reading between the lines it looks like .The reason the flights are so cheap is because it isn't a very good place to head for .
    I shall go off and trawl again for somewhere .
  • Bratislava isn't all that bad. The old town is worth visiting. So don't be put off going there. Yes you can combine it with a visit to Vienna.
    Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom. - Proust
  • odowdchrodowdchr Forumite
    800 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    globalds wrote: »
    Thanks very much ,
    Reading between the lines it looks like .The reason the flights are so cheap is because it isn't a very good place to head for .
    I shall go off and trawl again for somewhere .

The flights are cheap because they're mainly full of Slovakians coming over here to work, on the return trip last time there must have been 150 young locals all heading for the UK. The guy next to me had a job lined up in "Notteengham" and wanted a guide....
    It's not a bad place, the investment is huge and it's improving fast. Majority of Brits are looking for property to invest in.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Best student bank accounts 2021/22

Incl. free 0% overdrafts and railcards

MSE Guide

Next 50% sale rumour

Here's what we've found...

MSE Deals