Barclaycard free travel insurance and holiday booking service

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit Cards
2 replies 14.2K views
maynard_2maynard_2 Forumite
8 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit Cards
Hi guys,

Recently, I wanted to cancel my BC (after 0% offer had ended), but was persuaded to stay after being told I would get free travel insurance and they would knock 5% off the price of my holiday.

I said to the girl that I always shopped for the best deals on my holiday and that I would get the lowest possible quote first and then come to BC and get the 5% off, she said "yes that's fine, we can do that".

I was just wondering if this is all as good as it sounds and if anyone has had any experience with this service as yet. It is the only reason I am staying with BC.

They won't drop my interest rate (it's 24.9%), but that doesn't bother me as I pay the balance in full every month.

Looking forward to hearing everyones experiences.

All the best

Johnny Maynard

Replies

• flossy_splodgeflossy_splodge Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think I'd ask for that in writing! This is an offer that they used to do but dropped some while ago. May well be you've struck lucky but I'd like either to have it in writing or phone back, ask for a manager, note the name and ask the same question. I've always found BC to be superb at honouring what they say.
    ;)
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
    ― John Wooden
  • RafterRafter Forumite
    3.8K Posts
    I think they use Thomas Cook for the travel service, and then knock 5% of the price and offer the free travel insurance.

So if your holiday is one you can buy through thomas cook, who claim to be competitive for flights etc, then the Barclaycard offer should, in principle, be good value.

However, they won't be knocking 5% of ryanair flights or internet deals on accommodation and car hire that are not available through thomas cook.

Best idea is probably to book flights through them where 5% should be fairly good deal on mainstream charter and scheduled flights, then book your accommodation and car hire through the web or direct.

Depends on what the terms of the insurance offer are I guess. Whether you have to book a complete package or whether just the flights is enough to qualify.

R.
    Smile :), it makes people wonder what you have been up to.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Best student bank accounts 2021/22

Incl. free 0% overdrafts and railcards

MSE Guide

Next 50% off sale rumour

Here's what we've found...

MSE Deals