• vicks276vicks276 Forumite
    834 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Wow Jo that bracelet is beautiful!
    :heart2: Stuff & Thangs :heart2:
  • sweetpeas_2sweetpeas_2 Forumite
    2.2K Posts
    ok, thanks for the info. I've had a quick look on J Beads as I read on the first page of this thread, and am I right in saying that to start with I would be better trying to make a few pairs of earrings? They just look alot easier for the first few attempts, I don't want to jump in feet first!

Jo, tanks for posting that- it's right nice that. I'm now going to PM you :)

xx
  • Jo, that is one gorgeous bracelet!!

Just a quickie for me today as have been at uni and am v tired. Iwent to bead fair a couple of weeks ago and found this place. I bought some stuff at the time, but found they also have a website

http://www.baroquebeads.co.uk/

Hope this helps some beady peeps xx
  • Vicks276 - just ordered some findings from angs-attic-2008, so good on the postage that if you are buying 2-3 items you only pay 10p each additional item postage making the prices very good.
  • Jo.GJo.G Forumite
    190 Posts
    Fantastic idea for a thread, similar to the card one that I lurk on because I'm a complete novice with cards and havent been brave enough to post!
    I too am a self taught beader learning through trial but mainly error! I started about 2 years ago, with a friend, and we had a really busy 12 months were we sold to family and friends and did a couple of jewellery parties too. I also did the jewellery for the bridesmaids when my brother got married. I always take photos of everything I do and will try and upload some when I get home. I was worn out and decided to have a break from beading and have got out of the habit. It takes me ages to do the fiddley bits now while I get back into practice! But its nice to make your own stuff to match a new outfit and I find it very theraputic. But be warned - its addictive! Very easy to get carried away with all the beautiful beads available!
    I bought all my stuff from ebay, saving sellers into my favourites and putting notes on so I would remember who I bought what from so I wouldnt have to trawl through all the listings whenever I needed to re-order something. I like Garish Globes as she sells bead mixes which are good to start you off. I also use the Beadalon thread as oposed to Tigertail, but have also used leather and suede. I buy glass beads and love swarovski crystal.
    Happy Beading everyone!
    834 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Ange - I bought quite a few bits from her myself last night. Got loads of memory wire bracelets and some hair barrettes, beads, clasps and what not and I think I paid about £1.40 in postage shes really reasonable. I can't wait for them to arrive!!
  • Great idea Jo.G to put notes on your ebay fav sellers to remind you what you have bought from them. I think I had better do that now else I will forget and like you say waste time trawling through them all again when I need stuff!!!

I also find it very theraputic to make beaded jewellery and very satisfying when you see the end product.
  • vicks276 wrote: »
    Ange - I bought quite a few bits from her myself last night. Got loads of memory wire bracelets and some hair barrettes, beads, clasps and what not and I think I paid about £1.40 in postage shes really reasonable. I can't wait for them to arrive!!

Vicks I was looking at the hair barrettes and wondering what you could do with them. I didn't see memory wire bracelets, must check that out. Because her postage is so cheap it means that even if the item was priced alittle more than another seller, it can be cheaper in the long run because of the cheap postage.
    834 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    The memory wire stuff has its own section about 3/4 of the way down the list on the left hand side. With the barrettes i'm thinking if i can attach some tigertgail on one side somehow, then thread on some beads, then attach it at the other end it might work out. Will see when they arrive will have a go!
  • vicks276 wrote: »
    The memory wire stuff has its own section about 3/4 of the way down the list on the left hand side. With the barrettes i'm thinking if i can attach some tigertgail on one side somehow, then thread on some beads, then attach it at the other end it might work out. Will see when they arrive will have a go!

You will have to post a photo of the finished barrette!!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Bacon flavoured toothpaste

Can you help this Forumite track some down?

Join the Forum discussion

£10 Christmas bonus

For benefits recipients

MSE News