Chinese Medicine/Dr & Herbs

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
1 reply 735 views
ThreadheadThreadhead Forumite
443 Posts
Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
My 18 month old daughter has excema over her shoulders and chest, which is obviously really itchy and irritating for her. My health visitor has been less than helpful (read "useless"), and the doctor seems to be at a loss too.

Today I went to see my local "Dr & Herbs" chinese medicine lady, and she advised a few things (some sort of drink that she is to take twice a day, a ginseng and royal jelly cream, and specially blended herbs to infuse for a bath). I didnt actually buy anything, as I am not 100% sure of the best thing to do. I am not keen on giving my daughter anything internally.

Has anyone used Dr & Herbs/similar? Can anyone give me any feedback?
Threadhead

Replies

• GladGlad Forumite, Board Guide
    18.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MSE_Martin wrote:
    I think it is important for me to clarify exactly what is and what isn't permissible on this board.

What it is for

This board is a discussion of all issues surrounding health, diet, nutrition and how they relate to MoneySaving. Discussing medical insurance policies, cheaper ways to see consultants, cashback for alternative health treatments, how to get specific medication cheaper (legally) are all perfectly acceptable forms of discussion.

What it is not for

It is very specifically and strictly not for the discussion of what to do in the event of certain medical problems. Please do not ask questions about this. If you're having problems use facilities such as NHS direct and your doctor to go and talk through what you should do.

:)
    STAY HOME - PROTECT THE NHS - SAVE LIVES
    I'm a Board Guide on the Money Savers Arms, Discussion Time, Wales, Competitions, Marriage Relationships & Families, Health and Pet Care boards. However, please do remember, board guides don't read every post. if you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    Compers please read the Comping Guide
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Avro Energy and Green cease trading

What it means for your gas & electrity

MSE News

Energy mythbusting

What really makes a difference?

MSE Guides

Free £6 Amazon credit for some

When you add £50 to gift card balance

MSE Deals