Hayfever sufferers! Fantastic bargain Lloyds Pharmacy- 'Medinose' + Ioniser £19.99!!

Replies

• newmommyjennewmommyjen Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    ✭✭✭
    just called my local one up said £8.99 and £13.49 but 10% off so total should be £20.23. So off to buy it now.
    A smile and manners doesnt cost any thing
  • just called my local one up said £8.99 and £13.49 but 10% off so total should be £20.23. So off to buy it now.

Jen, I think those prices already include the 10% off - so you would pay total 22.48, which is what I paid with voucher. The sales assistant had to put them through as separate purchases though, as each voucher could only be used for one product apparently. Still a great price - thanks op!
  • newmommyjennewmommyjen Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    ✭✭✭
    Jen, I think those prices already include the 10% off - so you would pay total 22.48, which is what I paid with voucher. The sales assistant had to put them through as separate purchases though, as each voucher could only be used for one product apparently. Still a great price - thanks op!

Yeh, i realised that when i purchased it.
    Yes £22.48 for both, still good.
    Lets hope it works for me.
    The SA just put the through as one purchase, but used 2 vouchers.
    The offer is on till 29th april this wed.
    A smile and manners doesnt cost any thing
  • SLH_Xx wrote: »
    Hello

I would really love a cat but suffer bad hayfever like symtoms whenever im around them. Does anyone know if the medinose, or lloyds alternative will reduce these enough to a level that i could happily keep one. I have used over the counter anti histemine tablets but they make me stupidly drowsy to a level that i cant drive, so any med free alternative would be great. I have read alot of reviews but most people are using it for hayfever??

Do you think it will help my problem?? I really want a cat!!!

Thank you!!:j

My neighbour had a bad reaction to our cat - to the point it was bringing on an asthma attack - and I lent her mine. Within a few mins it had brought things under control?

(I cleaned it thoroughly afterwards...:p )

It's not a lot of money to buy one, use it , then visit friends with cats etc?
    The IVF worked;DS born 2006.
  • cupid_scupid_s Forumite
    2K Posts
    lisyloo wrote: »
    The doctor I saw was against doing this (I presume they are streroid injections?) so I don't think it will be automatic.
    This may be only for people for whom all other options have been exhausted and you need to have your GP on side.

BTW - my symptoms were really bad - I couldn't sleep and therefore couldn't function properly, but once I got a decent treatment the symptoms massively reduced. For me it was a nasal spray called Flixonase which I got on prescription.

It's not steroid injections, it's immunotherapy. They inject you with increasing doses of pollen so that your body produces antibodies against it ready for the hayfever season.
  • diluvsdiscountsdiluvsdiscounts Forumite
    4.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thankfully I have never suffered with hayfever but I used to sell local honey and the number of people who came to buy it was amazing.Aparrently one spoonful a day of local(within 10 mile radius of where you live)honey is all the treatment you need.It's something to do with the pollen for the honey is the same as the pollen that is causing the hayfever and therefore is somehow a cure.
  • gbguyukgbguyuk Forumite
    56 Posts
    SLH_Xx wrote: »
    Hello

I would really love a cat but suffer bad hayfever like symtoms whenever im around them. Does anyone know if the medinose, or lloyds alternative will reduce these enough to a level that i could happily keep one. I have used over the counter anti histemine tablets but they make me stupidly drowsy to a level that i cant drive, so any med free alternative would be great. I have read alot of reviews but most people are using it for hayfever??

Do you think it will help my problem?? I really want a cat!!!

Thank you!!:j

I get really bad pet allergies especially the new puppy, since I got mine (Lloyds) I haven't had to take a tablet in three weeks! I have recomended one to a girl at work who wants to get a cat, I think she is getting her medinose & cat this week I think so I will ask her how things go and let you know (just hope her cat last longer than the rabbit!)

Mike
    I'm an Ogre
  • Angelina-MAngelina-M Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    I ordered a couple of these last night as I believe that was the last day of the sale.

I got them for DH who suffers quite bad and daughter who suffers so bad she was allowed to sleep on the desk at school. She was given steriod injections but only for important times such as exams.

We've tried medication, local honey etc but nothing has worked up to now, except the steriod injections. I really hope this is the answer as its so sad to see her wasting her summer sleeping on the couch :(
  • david_c_6david_c_6 Forumite
    16 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Yeh, i realised that when i purchased it.
    Yes £22.48 for both, still good.
    Lets hope it works for me.
    The SA just put the through as one purchase, but used 2 vouchers.
    The offer is on till 29th april this wed.

As of Thursday May 1st, my local Lloyds chemists (Cosham, Hampshire) had a big display with the ioniser for £9.99 and the Allergy Reliever nasal thing for £14.99, and buy both together for £19.99. Actually, when the lady put them through the till it took £5.00 off as a "multibuy", so the actual price was £19.98. (No vouchers required.) The lady said it was a new offer, so I suspect it's replaced the percentage off, voucher-based offer.
  • Hi all,

I am interested to purchase this from Lloydspharmacy but I was told that they only ship to UK.

Could anyone here help me? I pay directly to Lloydspharmacy but using your UK address. Can you please help me to ship to Germany? I will bear the shipping cost.

Please.... please...

Btw, does it still sell at offer price?

How sad I am, nobody can understand how hard to fight hay fever and I am helpless after trying so many things but to no avail, I am willing to try anything, I dont want hay fever to take control of my life
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides