Hayfever sufferers! Fantastic bargain Lloyds Pharmacy- 'Medinose' + Ioniser £19.99!!

Replies

• John2gJohn2g Forumite
    38 Posts
    Justamum wrote: »
    I'm going to get one for my DS. It doesn't seem hygienic for him to use DH's one considering where they have to go! :rotfl:

It would be cheaper to just buy the diode (Amazon sell it)http://www.amazon.co.uk/Medinose-Hayfever-Allergy-Treatment-Diodes/dp/B000G6H0WY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=personal&qid=1208786604&sr=8-2
  • harryharpharryharp Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    John2g wrote: »
    Although this actually costs slightly more than a Lloyds complete unit.
  • JustamumJustamum Forumite
    4.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would be cheaper to just buy the diode

Never thought of that. Mind you it's pretty expensive off Amazon. I wonder if Lloyds sell spare ones. Must go and check.
    1.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    A bit off the subject, but I've just been to Lidl and bought a 'pollen protection fleece'- it's like a filter thing you velcro to an open window to reduce the amount of pollen coming in. Don't know if it will be any good but at £1.99 I thought I'd give it a go.
  • Edinburghlass_2Edinburghlass_2 Forumite
    32.7K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I borrowed an ioniser to see if it would help with sinus headaches and only tried it one night, woke up after an hour or so with the worst headache I've ever had so it didn't work for me.
  • cupid_scupid_s Forumite
    2K Posts
    Anyone with really bad hayfever, save your money and go to your doctors and ask for immunotherapy. I have just finished my third (and hopefully my last) yearly bout of injections and last year hardly suffered at all. This year I shouldn't even have to take any medication and I was really really bad before starting these injections.
    1.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    cupid_s wrote: »
    Anyone with really bad hayfever, save your money and go to your doctors and ask for immunotherapy. I have just finished my third (and hopefully my last) yearly bout of injections and last year hardly suffered at all. This year I shouldn't even have to take any medication and I was really really bad before starting these injections.
    Thank you, I had never heard of this. Can anyone have it (if they suffer from hayfever obviously!)?
  • cupid_scupid_s Forumite
    2K Posts
    I think possibly if you have certain other allergies you can't - I remember they tested me for cat and dog allergy before starting me on it.

And you have to be pretty bad, and your symptoms not controlled by conventional medication.

They don't do it everywhere though and you have to go to a hospital for it but it's worth it, especially if there's somewhere near you doing the courses (I know leeds and oxford do them so I assume most large cities do)

Other than that I'm not aware of any other restrictions. There were people there of all ages when I went. And people were getting immunotherapy against bee stings and certain other allergies as well.
  • lisyloolisyloo Forumite
    28.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And you have to be pretty bad, and your symptoms not controlled by conventional medication.
    The doctor I saw was against doing this (I presume they are streroid injections?) so I don't think it will be automatic.
    This may be only for people for whom all other options have been exhausted and you need to have your GP on side.

BTW - my symptoms were really bad - I couldn't sleep and therefore couldn't function properly, but once I got a decent treatment the symptoms massively reduced. For me it was a nasal spray called Flixonase which I got on prescription.
  • Hello

I would really love a cat but suffer bad hayfever like symtoms whenever im around them. Does anyone know if the medinose, or lloyds alternative will reduce these enough to a level that i could happily keep one. I have used over the counter anti histemine tablets but they make me stupidly drowsy to a level that i cant drive, so any med free alternative would be great. I have read alot of reviews but most people are using it for hayfever??

Do you think it will help my problem?? I really want a cat!!!

Thank you!!:j
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides