digital luggage scale

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Flights, Currency & Car Hire
72 replies 53.1K views
hollydayshollydays Forumite
19.8K Posts
Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
✭✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Flights, Currency & Car Hire
JUst had a look at the Lakeland Home page-they have a new product-a small digital luggage scale-you hang the luggage off it to weigh.It's 19.99 plus postage, no doubt.
Anyone seen these anywhere else?Otherwise I will have to wait for a voucher code.

Replies

• I just bought one from ebay for £7 inc p&p from Hong Kong and it was here within 4 days.
    Just search for "digital luggage scale".
  • mad_richmad_rich Forumite
    861 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Don't be fooled into thinking that 'digital' means 'accurate'. I would be surprised if any of these things were any more accurate than your bathroom scales, and probably less so.

And if you were thinking of using them to argue the toss at the check-in desk...
  • I usually use my bathroom scales but cant take them on holiday to weigh the luggage coming back.

I have tested the accuracy of the luggage scales in comparison to my bathroom scales and it is very close.
  • hollydayshollydays Forumite
    19.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mad_rich wrote: »
    Don't be fooled into thinking that 'digital' means 'accurate'. I would be surprised if any of these things were any more accurate than your bathroom scales, and probably less so.

And if you were thinking of using them to argue the toss at the check-in desk...

..what you mean,"my scales are more accurate than yours?"..thats ridiculous..and why would i want to start an arguament at the start of my holiday?
    Perhaps-I want to weigh my luggage before I go?!!
  • I can't beat the Ebay price, but if you go straight to the Balanzza site, they sell it with free shipping in the UK. (https://www.balanzza.co.uk)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    0 Posts
    Holiday Haggler
    MoneySaving Newbie
    They had some nice 'analogue' scales in my local 'we sell all kinda crap' shop for a fiver... that'd do the job fine
  • BenLBenL Forumite
    3.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    At JFK when coming home we used some check in desks that were not in use and weighed our cases on these before going to real check in.

This gave us chance to remove item and either bin them, wear them or switch to hand luggage to avoid charges.

Looks easier to do there than in a UK airport.
    I beep for Robins - Beep Beep
    & Choo Choo for trains!!
  • teebteeb Forumite
    392 Posts
    hollydays wrote: »
    Perhaps-I want to weigh my luggage before I go?!!

Er, use normal bathroom scales to weigh yourself.

Then step on it, holding your bag of luggage.

Subtract the first from the second.

Voila, your luggage weighed and £20 saved.
  • hollydayshollydays Forumite
    19.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    teeb wrote: »
    Er, use normal bathroom scales to weigh yourself.

Then step on it, holding your bag of luggage.

Subtract the first from the second.

Voila, your luggage weighed and £20 saved.
    er..don't have any..
  • Hi
    We recently went to Mercia and flew with Jet2. Before going we bought a set of luggage scales from www.digital-luggage-scales.co.uk. The site gave lots of information, full of horror stories, so we thought it best we got a set. . . and thank God we did!
    A couple in front of us had to pay £36 in baggage charges. Absolutely mad. You don't have to be a frequent flyer to get the benefit from these luggage scales. They'll savde you a fortune.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Best student bank accounts 2021/22

Incl. free 0% overdrafts and railcards

MSE Guide

Next 50% off sale rumour

Here's what we've found...

MSE Deals