whats happening in glasgow next week

in Scotland
6 replies 725 views
jockettukjockettuk Forumite
5.8K Posts
✭✭✭✭
coming to glasgow next week and just wondering if any of the locals know of anything special thats on.. we do all the museums as daughter loves them but just wanted to know if glasgow got any special events on that wernt on last yr lol

Thanks
Those we love don't go away,They walk beside us every day,Unseen, unheard, but always near,
Still loved, still missed and very dear
Our thoughts are ever with you,Though you have passed away.And those who loved you dearly,
Are thinking of you today.

Replies

• jockettukjockettuk Forumite
    5.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    glasgow must be getting boring lol
    Those we love don't go away,They walk beside us every day,Unseen, unheard, but always near,
    Our thoughts are ever with you,Though you have passed away.And those who loved you dearly,
  • Edinburghlass_2Edinburghlass_2 Forumite
    32.7K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, its all happening in Edinburgh icon7.gif

Sorry I haven't a clue and as our mid term just finished I'm not sure there is anything "special" going on icon11.gif
  • Hi, Just had a wee look at my Evening Times newspaper and one of the things on next week is free at the peoples palace, Glasgow Green. It is Glasgow through the lens Mon-Thurs 10am-5pm. It is an exhibition of photos taken in 1955 by Glasgow camera clubs.
    Guts and glory Sat-Friday 10am-5pm Tall ship 100 stobcross road 0141 222 2513 £4.95Exhibition looking at the impact of Nelson's 1805 victory at Trafalgar on Glasgow.
    Women and war Mon-Thurs 10am-5pm free exhibition of work by award winning photographer at St Mungo museum of religious life and art 0141 553 2557
    Film quiz Tues 8.45 Glasgow Film Theatre 12 Rose street 0141332 8128 Test your knowledge against a testing and wide reaching range of questions
  • I live in Glasgow and I always use this web site http://www.s1play.com/ as it gives you all whats going on around here.
    Bring waterproofs and you'll be happy
  • If you like football, check out the Scottish Football Museum at Hampden Park. You can also get a tour of the stadium - excellent value
  • jockettukjockettuk Forumite
    5.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    thanks for all your answers , just got home from glasgow, was born and bred in the city but cant believe how its changed.. apart from one day it rained but it always does when i go back lol, went to hampden last yr took in a few of the museums daughter loves them but a lot of the places you cant park by car so that limited us.

We normally park our car outside my dads house and go on the buses or underground but as they now put meters outside his house and your limited to a 3 hour stay and he housebound so cant go out and put more money in we couldnt leave our car there.. i found glasgow very frustrating this time and as for traffic lights are they in the guiness book of records for the most. every 20 yards there was traffic lights arghhhhhhhh...
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides