Cover Girl Studio

Replies

• mshappymshappy Forumite
    806 Posts
    If you search for coverlook there is another thread on this.I personally wouldn't go because if you have to pay for a prize whether you get your money back or not then to me its not a prize.
    2012 wins! can of deodorant, a personalised Bean, craft show tickets, Top Gear Live Tickets, Case of sourz fusion
  • kate_ wrote: »
    hi!!! guys i talked to this wonderful guy Shaun who told me that i have won covergirl photo session, he was amazing, The day was great experience and fun for me, the unfortunate thing was that i enquired about shaun but as my session was on a sunday, they told me Shaun is off on sunday. my pictures were fantastic and my whole family loved the pics, my sis is so jealous.

Well, "Kate"..is that so...

The above poster works for covergirl studios.....if that isn't obvious enough by their post. dont believe their lies. scamm scammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • lil_tonilil_toni Forumite
    2 Posts
    i agree its probably a scam. You havent won anything if you have to pay something. i got the call too tonight but a woman was speaking. when it got to the point of taking card details i didnt like the sound of it and said i needed to find my card..so she said she would call back. i then researched the company and found this and read as much as i could before she called back. She didnt mess about but asked if i was ready to give her payment. I said "well actually i'v done some reasearch on you & i'm not interested thanks" all she said was "oh right whatever" and hung up!
  • FabSaschaFabSascha Forumite
    495 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    I've had two photo prizes and attended both, one was good, one was bad. I also get calls all the time saying I've 'won' the makeover and just for the record, everyone who enters 'wins'. The bad experience was one in central london, although I can't remember the name, however most of the ones in central london follow the same process. At the end of the day, they're a business trying to make money and they're not forcing anyone to do anything. Once you're there, you have your make over, get your pictures taken and have a viewing of them and that's when they hope to make their money (I didn't buy any). In regards to being made up, they put you in quite heavy make up so I think it's your choice to wear it out, but they offer to tone it down for you as you do look like you're wearing a mask!

I would personally suggest using Venture if you want some good photos. I had a very positive experience with them. They do run competitions and you win a session with the photographer (although there's no make over so you have to come dressed as you want to be photographed) but if you can't be bothered to wait to win the competition then they offer the same service for £15. This will get you a session with a photographer (the one I had was great, very friendly and knew what he was doing) and also a free framed photo. However, what I did was ask for the prints on CD instead which meant that I could print them off myself, so I had a free full photoshoot and all the prints to keep :)

I had such a positive experience with them so I'm booking in again with my mum. They didn't ask me for a deposit - I wouldn't have agreed to it if they had - and I would never pay for something up front before receiving the service, even if they did reassure me I'd get the money back.

Hope this helps :)
    Never argue with an idiot; they'll bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
  • cathyjcathyj Forumite
    16.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations
    2009 WINS £4404.06 2010 Wins £8812.56 2011 £11444.75
    Year challenge 2011 - 485/365
  • FabSascha wrote: »
    I would personally suggest using Venture if you want some good photos. I had a very positive experience with them. They do run competitions and you win a session with the photographer (although there's no make over so you have to come dressed as you want to be photographed) but if you can't be bothered to wait to win the competition then they offer the same service for £15. This will get you a session with a photographer (the one I had was great, very friendly and knew what he was doing) and also a free framed photo. However, what I did was ask for the prints on CD instead which meant that I could print them off myself, so I had a free full photoshoot and all the prints to keep :)

I find it very hard to believe that Venture gave you a CD of all the images for you to print, if it was a low res CD (one that you can't print from) I would understand, but companies do not give out full res images to customer without a charge.
    I'm familiar with Venture and a CD just seems a bit far fetched are you sure you are not meaning something or someone else?
  • josie301josie301 Forumite
    4.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I find it very hard to believe that Venture gave you a CD of all the images for you to print, if it was a low res CD (one that you can't print from) I would understand, but companies do not give out full res images to customer without a charge.
    I'm familiar with Venture and a CD just seems a bit far fetched are you sure you are not meaning something or someone else?

I agree there I've had Venture pics done before - (lovely but expensive!) and they would never just give you the CD they are copyrighted as are the pics you buy from them.

;)
    Jo x
    2007:£5181.09 2008: £6619.70 2009: £4284.49 2010: £5213.14 2011: £4980.62 2012: £3188.52 :)

• I actually had one of these things done the other day with DoubleTake Studios... It was fantastic!! Hair and make up done, free drinks, photo session, and no obligation to buy! Really great day. (We did end up buying some photos as they were REALLY good, but there really is no obligation)

So when I got contacted saying I had 'won' a similar thing at Covergirl (and could take a friend), I jumped at the chance!!

Free drinks, hair and make up, photo session.. what could be better?!
    I might buy pictures, but I might not, depends how they turn out! They do try and pressure you, but that is their job! You can say no though. They might not be impressed, but they can't force you.

The other thing is, they give you the photos on CD as this means you own the copyright to the photo. If you only have a 'print' then the studio owns the rights. A bit sneaky, but that's how they make their money!!

They take a deposit to make sure you actually attend. If they didn't, a lot of people would probably blow it off on the day for other commitments or whatever, and this ends up costing the studio massively. Don't forget that they need to cover the photographer/makeup artist's fees.
    I didn't have a problem getting my money back before, and I'm guessing that the Covergirl shoot will be pretty much the same.

Although, if you do decide to take up this offer, and pay a deposit, make sure you take your receipt with you! If you don't, they won't refund it!!! Cheeky blighters....
  • TulipTulip Forumite
    29.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well done :T :T :T
  • Hello,

I won a free make over and photo session with Cover Girl studio.

Has anyone ever won/experienced this??

Yes I have and its a scam because they try and get you to take other people and take a deposit of £30 per person without your authorisation. So please be careful when give cred or debit card infor.

Regards

Jenny warnes
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides