My address is being used by others for credit

I am desperately seeking some advice. My address is being used by 3 people for credit cards and mortgages. I have written to Experian, Equifax and Call Credit highlighting this problem. There are also a number of companies registered to my address which have nothing to do with me. I do not know where to turn, please help.

Comments

• I'm afraid I can't be a massive help but I know that some people on this forum will be.

My only advice is to contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau.

Also phone Equifax and the like as you can get a quicker answer/advice.
  • I am desperately seeking some advice. My address is being used by 3 people for credit cards and mortgages. I have written to Experian, Equifax and Call Credit highlighting this problem. There are also a number of companies registered to my address which have nothing to do with me. I do not know where to turn, please help.

This will be one of two things,

1. The agency’s belive that you have “Financial links” to these persons, and therefor their data will appear on your file and vice versa

Or

2. this is an identity fraud issue.

If it is the Financial link then you must ask the agencies for a “Notice of disassociation” and this will remove the 3rd parties details from your file.

However if it is an ID fraud issue then this is more serious and you will need to place a “Protective Registration” with CIFAS the industries fraud protection agency.

They will mark your address with a Category “0” CIFAS flag on all of your credit files and issue you a password so only you, or someone with your permission can obtain credit at your address. This will also stop any automatic applications for Credit cards Ect being processed at your address and will force any lender to do a manual check.

Any of the Credit reference agency’s should be able to advise you on this process, alternative contact CIFAS directly.

https://www.cifas.org.uk
    :rolleyes: It’s hard enough remembering my opinions - without remembering my reasons for them :rolleyes:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure